Young New Zealander looking to help out

General discussions relating to the story.
Tobias Wylde

Young New Zealander looking to help out

Postby Tobias Wylde » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi All,

My names Tobias and I'm 22. I live in Auckland, New Zealand and work as a Camerman & Editor. I was profoundly moved by Chris' story and the story of those like him that came before. I'm a massive outdoors enthusiast like many New Zealander's and we pride outselves on our enivroment. I throughly recommend New Zealand as a place for adventure and exploration. We have some really incredible national parks and it's easy enough to hitch a ride to your destination. I have seen a lot of my country through my work so if anyone has any questions about travelling or backpacking etc. in NZ then feel free to post away right here and I will do my very best to help.

Kevin

Re: Young New Zealander looking to help out

Postby Kevin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:32 am

Hey Tobias,

My name is Kevin and I was actually looking into going backpacking in New Zealand this summer. I'm from California. Where are some good places to go backpacking in your country? I always wanted to do my own personal Lord of the Rings backpacking trip :mrgreen:

Tobias Wylde

Postby Tobias Wylde » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:29 am

Hey Kevin,

Here is a NZ travels site itinerary http://www.lord-of-the-travellers.com/html/location_itinerary.html that will give you a general idea of what parts where filmed where but in terms of seeing the locations you don't really need a guide, which will give you much more freedom in where you go. In terms of backpacking, in every town and city there are a large number of backpackers lodges. Once your here if you need to from one place to another quickly check out http://flightbookings.airnewzealand.co.nz/vgrabview/en_NZ/ for sometimes insanely cheap domestic airfares. But yeah kinda defeats the whole purpose of backpacking haha but yes just incase.

http://www.newzealand.com/travel/destinations/national-parks/national-parks-home.cfm Heres a list of all of our national parks too which are the prime locations you'll be wanting to visit. The parks are pretty much untouched by civilization bar a few D.O.C huts (which are for all hikers to use) & a few trails.

Hope this has helped somewhat

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:28 am

Thanks Tobias!

The info you provided is great! I really hope I can save enough to go this summer. Any tips on any good new zealand cuisine? keep in mind my college budget, so cheap is most definitely on the menu haha.

laurencawdell

Postby laurencawdell » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:44 pm

Hey Tobias! I'm Lauren. I live in australia :D

My family are actually planning on going to New Zealand, but probably in a few years. i've always wanted to travel out there, it seems beautiful. One of my good friends actually lives there, but she moved to Australia. her name is Jessie Gamble, but you most likely don't know her. anyway, can't wait to travel there!

Return to “General Discussions”