A comforting experience

General discussions relating to the story.
admin
Site Admin

A comforting experience

Postby admin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi Forum,

I was in London last week and decided to buy a copy of Into The Wild for a mate - Jono. I had told him about the story and he was very interested in reading the book, but knowing Jono, he would never get around to buying it. So I decided to buy him a copy in Nottinghill Gate (along with a few Jack London books for myself). Jono was with me at the time and just before we walked out of the store a guy with scruffy hair, un-shaven, jacket, jeans and boots walked into the store and I had to do a double take.

A eerie feeling came over me and I instantly thought about Chris. STUPID I know, but it was a very strange feeling. Jonathan also turned to look at this person and he later told me he did so without knowing why.

Please dont read too much into this. I am not trying to say that it was him in spirit or anything, but it did make me stop, look and think. I believe that everything happens for a reason and this was no coincidence. Anyway, I would hope that he would be pleased that - if anything else, he has inspired me to read Jack London books!

Cheers,
Admin

lisachat

Re: A comforting experience

Postby lisachat » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:32 pm

There are no coincidences! Look at all the people Chris has touched. How many lives are changed by his experience. Whether it inspires looking at life with a little more depth, or changing the course of one's life, the change is significant.

Return to “General Discussions”