Societies Goal Is To Make Us MACHINES.

General discussions relating to the story.
naturelover24

Societies Goal Is To Make Us MACHINES.

Postby naturelover24 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:25 pm

I have finally realized this! They don't want to persuade us to become our true nature, which is adventure. Try and find one person who doesn't love adventure... you won't because we all love it. Take any person on a trip around the world and every single person will have the time of their life. Unfortunately society wants us to be productive, RESPONSIBLE, APATHETIC (passion-less) business men, to keep the economy and world going. Sadly, most people, due to the media, pop culture, and MOVIES (minus into the wild, of course!), tell us that we need to conform, push all passion and love for adventure aside, and have a predictable life, and one not true to our own beings, but one that we are doing because everyone else is doing it. Society WANTS to take all passion aside. They WANT to make us into selfish beings, striving for that higher job position, building up a career, when all is said and done, when your on your death-bed, none of that crap matters. What DOES matter is our God-given love for adventure, our passions, PEOPLE!!, and living unselfish lives and in harmony with eachother! :) Thanks society for ruining many, many peoples true potential here on Planet Earth... ass.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :o

naturelover24

Re: Societies Goal Is To Make Us MACHINES.

Postby naturelover24 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Oh YEAH, i forgot to mention. does anyone care to add anything on the topic of society and conformity??? I'd LOVE to hear your answers on this very interesting topic (at least i think so...) JAH BLESS!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

pezar

Postby pezar » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Ever heard the old punk song Terminal Preppy, by Dead Kennedys?

No I'm not here to learn
I just want to get drunk
To major in business
And be taught how to fuck
Win, win, I always play to win
Wanna be another cog
In the faceless machine
I'm a terminal, terminal, terminal preppy...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

naturelover24

Postby naturelover24 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:46 pm

no i havent but yeah those lyrics RULE!! haha its a shame how many people's potential is ruined by conforming and not being TRUE to themselves...

naturelover24

Postby naturelover24 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:38 am

so any other thoughts on society/conformity anyone???? ANY AND ALL COMMENTS ARE WELCOME!! :) :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

bobenns

Postby bobenns » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:49 am

For me its the corporations running the world, ruining the world and turning us all into productive little consumers. Governments play right into it wanting us all to be productive little tax payers. Look at the wave of Capitalism that has overtaken Russia and China in recent times. Its obscene, but greed rules this world like nothing else we have ever known.

We can't live completely without some money and material goods. Chris proved that.
But do we really need to consume as much energy and goods per person in North America as an entire village consumes in the third world?
I think not.

There has to be a happy medium somewhere, a lifestyle trade off. A way of living that consumes less but is more satisfying. Living OFF the grid.
There is no greater scripture than nature, for nature is life itself.

naturelover24

Postby naturelover24 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:21 pm

totally agree! Greed is the DEVIL man haha :) ;) ;) ;)

GoNorth

Postby GoNorth » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:25 pm

naturelover24 wrote: They don't want to persuade us ...

[quote="naturelover24"] Unfortunately society wants us to .../quote]

Who's "they"? Who's "society" and who's "us"? ;)

naturelover24

Postby naturelover24 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:26 pm

SOCIETY!! society doesnt want to persuade us to have a passionate life that doesnt involve greed or materialism; one that doesnt contribute to the economy. most people live life based on others, and have passion-less office jobs, value money a whole lot, but i think its better to value people, passion, appreciation for life, and humility over a life thats career driven and selfish...

pezar

Postby pezar » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:59 pm

The following article recently popped up on a local TV station's website:

http://www.news10.net/news/watercooler/story.aspx?storyid=106886&catid=335

Workers are treated like slaves and expect their jobs to be shipped overseas at any time. No bonuses, no raises, no training, no filling empty positions, just working like slaves and then being fired, and THEN being told that nobody will hire you because you were fired since "if you were any good, you wouldn't have been fired". It's an impossible catch-22. Corporate CEOs used to brag that America had the advantage, but we apparently cost too much now, since somebody in India will work for peanuts. Force the world to work for peanuts and to put up with incredible abuse, all to make products that only the rich can afford. It's scarcely better than the cotton plantations of the Old South. When does the world rebel? When do people say that they've had enough? Why should a young person go to college, just to spend a lifetime as a poorly paid slave? Did CM see this coming somehow, and decided that he wouldn't play along?

Return to “General Discussions”