I understand Chris mccandless

General discussions relating to the story.
Nowordsmwt

I understand Chris mccandless

Postby Nowordsmwt » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:26 pm

I was doing what he was doing .I am 59. I experienced terrible family issues. I turned to the wilderness for solace. I went to the wilderness when I was 17. I was able to survive by the hand of God. I found what Chris was looking for. I experienced it .I feel like I understand Chris. I was 17 in the wilderness alone. I had an epiphany ...It is mostly indescribable. It is spiritual. If anyone is interested I want to tell my story. I feel as though no one understands me..I am still living alone at least without humans I had 2 dogs 2 horses and 1 mule. I live in a cabin I built in the middle of nowhere in Colorado. I am not lonely. Solitude is not lonely . I am only lonely around people. Especially people who don't understand what life really is about. That is most people. My 2 dogs just passed away. I miss them so much. I went to Alaska in 1993. To live in the wilderness I had never heard of Chris m then. I failed but I could have also died .I was more prepared but still did not understand what I was getting into.i did it .I sold everything and went to the wilderness several times and failed many times but I never gave up. I know what it is that is so addictive that you can't live without. It is very hard to explain to someone. I think I could show or teach someone .I would be happy to do that because the happiest times of my life is when I was sharing my life with someone . I know what it is about God and nature and solitude and peace and wilderness but I can't put it into words...but I can tell you ..anyone out there ...if you want I will try.. it has to be experienced after you shed yourself of all the crap of modern society which is very difficult and it takes so e time in the wilderness on a journey ..you cannot know what is around the corner ..you have to trust God and go . It must be like the vision quests our ancestors took..aboriginies called it a walkabout.. you see Chris knew . I wish I could share this..I am living it now. But I am ready for a new journey. I want to share it though. I am planning on selling this place ..it is getting to crowded here and I am losing my peace and the solitude is gone. Please someone respond!

Return to “General Discussions”