A late welcome to 2019, anyone still here?

General discussions relating to the story.
nexpose

A late welcome to 2019, anyone still here?

Postby nexpose » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:20 am

It looks like no one has posted in 2019 so here I am. :D I never heard of Chris and his journey until the movie. Same age as he was but didn't hear anything about it back in the 90's. Guess where he went out Into the Wild maybe I went out to party? :P But thankfully saw the movie after it was released on disc. Always love the outdoors but can't imagine what he did so admire him for that.

Just always find it hard somehow, someway why he couldn't plan to meet his sister? I mean it's not like his parents had this control over him being a grown adult all be it still young. I don't know, just bugs me since their bond was so tight and don't understand that part of him.

I can understand his feelings on society but that day has passed when you're totally off the grid. For his donation to Oxfam I always feel he should have gone off to work for them or whatever type NGO. The realization came when it was too late so just wished he could have gotten out. Really curious if he did what his next move would have been? I'm sure he'd have gotten back in touch with Wayne Westerburg and hopefully Ron (Russell).

If so we'd probably have never heard of him but maybe he'd have been a professor of some type or talk about his journeys. Just not have this "Romanticism" swirling around him.

Time has passed as I can see here with no posts for awhile. Looks like some folks still hike to the bus and the movie bus in Healy. I still think about it all and the best we all can do is learn about the journey and the man.

Return to “General Discussions”