We are So UNIQUE!!

General discussions relating to the story.
teed0g777

We are So UNIQUE!!

Postby teed0g777 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:18 am

I'm 20, and ive never met anyone who loves this movie as much as i do. i wanna travel the world like chris did. do you all have email addresses or facebook we can talk at. I'd love to meet people who wanna travel the world like me :)

bobenns

Re: We are So UNIQUE!!

Postby bobenns » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:57 am

Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of us all share the same inspiration on this board and we can all share our thoughts and ideas right here. Many are interested in traveling as you are. Personal safety is quite an important part of it these days.
I'm not 20 anymore but I can tell you the Chris McCandless story sure connected with me. When I read the book I learned that during his time out west he hitch hiked the coast highway 101 a couple of times. I found that pretty neat because at his age in 1974 I hitch hiked that route a couple of times myself. I was living on the west coast of Vancouver Island and I had met a fine lady from Coos Bay OR and so twice that year I ventured down for a visit. What a time that was, what amazing rides I got, people were pretty cool on the coast back then. Probably still are. She was an earthy type, managed a health food store and was real breath of fresh air for me at the time. I got a real good taste of the life out there on the Oregon Coast and even though I still had a lot to learn I savored those experiences and still do.
For me I find that I have a lot in common with Chris, felt the same way about the same kinds of things and did a lot of the same sorts of things he did. On my first venture out into the world at 18 I was gone almost 4 months and came home weighing 115 lb, down from 155 or so and had lost all my possessions and clothing. Didn't know how to take care of myself.
But I can still relate to that feeling of freedom, standing on the side of the road with my pack and my thumb out, ready to go wherever the wind takes me, not a care in the world and no one knows where I am. Its a great feeling, I had it traveling in my 65 Econoline van in 73 with my new bride of 19 and the following year when she was gone back to Michigan and I was on my own all over Vancouver Island.
The world still is a great place and the views are magnificent.

These scenes are from my favorite place in the world, a place called Christian Valley in the Southern Interior of British Columbia. I go there often. Its out there, but you can get back alive.

Bob

There is no greater scripture than nature, for nature is life itself.

ellisd

Postby ellisd » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:00 pm

teed0g777 wrote:I'm 20, and ive never met anyone who loves this movie as much as i do. i wanna travel the world like chris did. do you all have email addresses or facebook we can talk at. I'd love to meet people who wanna travel the world like me :)

Same here! actually, i only found one person [a close pal] who shares the same views as i do on chris, everyone else i speak to doesn't seem to grasp what he was actually doing, only seeing he died in wild, thus failing in life. but maybe its because i'm from a really small town where the majority of people are to concerned with the day to day business of 'life'. but now i found this incredible community on here, sharing alot of the same views and feelings i harbor for chris and his accomplishments. i want to thank everyone on here for sharing what they may, and making this place a wonderful area to discuss chris and his life. if anyone does want to trade emails, facebook, etc.. shoot me a PM, would love to get to know all of you and continue to share thoughts, stories and more. until then everyone, happy trails, long days and pleasent nights.

love11

Postby love11 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm 22 and I've also never met anyone who's shares a deeper perspective on Chris's story as I do (until I came here of course :P ) which is ashame seeing as one could have numerous interesting discussions just from this one story, I'd be happy to exchange emails with people, simply send me a PM :)

tmac

Postby tmac » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:39 pm

Hey everyone,

I just joined the forum today, and am glad I found this website. Chris is a huge inspiration, and I wish to embark on a similar adventure someday. I would love to talk to anyone and everyone who shares the passion to enjoy life free from the confines of what society says we should do. Take care everyone, :)

Tmac
...I love not man the less, but Nature more.

thewalldivision

Postby thewalldivision » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Out of everyone i know. No one wants to take an adventure or set out for a every changing horizon. They are set on the comfort of there everyday lives which I believe can be boring but its there decision. like yourself my friend i have not found anyone like me... I have talked to people who want to travel but nothing like chris did. some of the people I tell just think Im crazy but its what i think should life consist of. An ever growing changing horizon. contact me please here is my email (kyle_thewalldivision@hotmail.com)

naturelover24

Postby naturelover24 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:19 pm

thewalldivision wrote:Out of everyone i know. No one wants to take an adventure or set out for a every changing horizon. They are set on the comfort of there everyday lives which I believe can be boring but its there decision. like yourself my friend i have not found anyone like me... I have talked to people who want to travel but nothing like chris did. some of the people I tell just think Im crazy but its what i think should life consist of. An ever growing changing horizon. contact me please here is my email (kyle_thewalldivision@hotmail.com)

TOTALLY TRUE MY FRIEND!!! :) JAH BLESS!

Return to “General Discussions”