Life

General discussions relating to the story.
Matt

Life

Postby Matt » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:09 pm

At the very least, we should remember someone who cared enough to be himself. He gave his worldly belongings so he could live as he had wanted to live. Not only did he give them up, he donated his money to OxFam so that others could prosper. Whether you find this right or wrong, the fact of the matter is, he cared enough to give away all his possessions to others, and do what very few would, or even could. Perhaps if people cared enough to follow suit, and do what Chris really wanted to do by living life on their own terms, perhaps then the world would finally improve from the "great" state we've all put it in.

kj2137

Re: Life

Postby kj2137 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:41 pm

I feel that, like you said Matt, the world may improve if we follow suit. If we all had the courage and passion to let go of what we know as "life", what kind of new life would we find? I believe nature has the power to transform a human into a beautiful and understanding being. The world would be blessed to have more people like Chris Mccandles in it, to respect her, appreciate her, and go back to her the way we where meant to be. A movie and book on Chris Mccandles's life in the wilderness could never fully explain the overwhelming power of nature, the brimming feeling you get in your heart when you see, smell and taste Gods harshest beauties.
Chris Mccandles was no a saint, mearly a human being, flaued like the rest of us. The only difference is he had the opprotunity to feel whole. I have always longed to feel the freedom and oneness nature and the gypsie life has to offer, and hearing the story of Chris gave me the inspiration and I will someday feel whole as he did. And I cannot wait!

Return to “General Discussions”