Happiness Only Real When Shared

General discussions relating to the story.
Herrybraun

Re: Happiness Only Real When Shared

Postby Herrybraun » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:33 am

This is true line "Happiness Only Real When Shared". When we share happiness it becomes double and sorrow half.

Shina

Postby Shina » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:01 am

I am going to agree with all of you members. Happiness Only Real When Shared with our beloved ones. I have a believe in this thing and would love to share my all happiness and grieve with them. Anyway, Being a member of thsi community. I would also like to share my all experiences with all of you in future and hope that will had there nice time.

mistert

Postby mistert » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:23 pm

Very profound film and thought provoking final thoughts by Christopher. I think his thoughts "that happiness only real when shared" comes from a realisation that you can have a dream of your ideal life that you chase and you eventually get, but when you get there you realise it isn't what you expected. I would imagine that Christopher looked back at his travels and the people he met alone the way and was happier when he had that connection with similar like minded people, rather than being alone. It's the old story of everything in moderation, have your time alone but it is also good to have real close connections with people.

Tylershields95

Chris McCandless, an inspiration for dreamers

Postby Tylershields95 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:38 pm

My name is Tyler and I first read Into the Wild when I was in middle school. The tragic story gripped me immedietely because I felt so much in common with Chris. When I was 12 years old I began to dream of taking my own adventure like him and to maybe even drop off the face of the earth in search of that great “something” that we all deep down desire to know, find and obtain. I graduated from college in May of 2017 and knew in my heart that it was my opportunity to take off and experience what I had been dreaming of since my adolescence. In July of that year, I left my home in Michigan a began to drive towards the east coast. I would spend two weeks driving down the coast exploring every beach, city, forest and two lane country road that I could. I then spent a week drifting around different places in Florida before driving up through the mountains and back to Michigan. All in all, I spent a month on the road living out of my car. The memories I made will last a lifetime as will the existential conversations I had with strangers whom I might forget as the years past. I never discovered that “something” I thought I might find. However, I now know what Chris said when he wrote “happiness isn’t real unless shared” because for as great as it was to have this experience alone, it was also incredibly empty as I had no one to share the experience with. Nonetheless, this was the greatest experience of my life and I want to thank Chris McCandless for inspiring me to follow my dreams. Rest In Peace, chris, and May your story continue to inspire dreamers for years to come.

Return to “General Discussions”