I wish that the people who met Chris

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
iggypoprhcp

I wish that the people who met Chris

Postby iggypoprhcp » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:19 am

would be interviewed or something. I want to see what the Slab City couple and Wayne Westerburg have to say about him. They hide too much about Chris like his journal and pictures he took while in the wild.

Solid12

Re: I wish that the people who met Chris

Postby Solid12 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:45 pm

Yes, there should be a follow up book of some sort with all his writings.

thamer76

Postby thamer76 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:40 pm

While watching the film when he was talking to the woman (don't know her name) and she was talking about her son and the fact that she had no contact with him, I feel Chris had a realisation moment about what he was doing to his family...I felt that this triggered him to go home (tried to cross the river) and failed.
Ironic and very sad that at the thought that happiness is not real unless it's shared, he died..

I think he was niave and somewhat selfish, despite the feelings towards his parents, he left them in agony. Maybe it's controversial, but he was misguided, such a shame, I wonder if he were here now, would he have done things differently?...Because by the end of the film, I felt he had regret.

Kindred spirits

Postby Kindred spirits » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:54 am

Krakauer talks to those that met him on his journey, they all expressed concern for his ability to survive in Alaska. His naïveté worried everyone he had spent any time with. Notably the Alaskan natives that gave him lifts etc. closer to Healey. They wondered how he was going to make it given his seemingly non-existent equipment, clothing and provisions etc.

Grecy

Postby Grecy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:45 pm

A friend of mine camped at slab city a couple of years ago and sent he met numerous people that had met Chris during his time there. Apparently everyone is really friendly and happy to talk about anything and everything.

-Dan
The Road Chose Me - 50,000kms of ebb and flow. http://www.dangrec.com

Return to “Discussions on Chris”