Was he ever alive?

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
Sliceofbread

Was he ever alive?

Postby Sliceofbread » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:15 pm

Maybe he never thought he was alive? Maybe that was his way of telling us that he needed to live and die in the real world. He committed suicide technically. He knew that would happen to him. In the end I think he did this to live and to die here. This life wasn't enough for him.

Nemo_Spirit

Re: Was he ever alive?

Postby Nemo_Spirit » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:45 pm

I don't think that he committed suicide, why do you think that he knew he was going to die? He was one of those people who are not content with the life they were born in, he wanted more and I think I understand him completely in what he was doing. I see all those posts on internet telling us that he was an unprepared fool and similar things but please understand that he wanted that. He didn't die there first weak like a lot of us would, he lived there 4months and you can't live in wilderness that amount of time if you don't know anything about that lifestyle!! He wanted to go out there with just a few things in his backpack, it was his choise. Sorry if my english is bad ;)
Nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future.

newbus143

Re: Was he ever alive?

Postby newbus143 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am

Chris was not alive when he was at home with his family. But at the point he left them I think he was. He seemed to be happy like it was with all the people he metand his experiences in live.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”