Was he on drugs or forced to do this?

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
Kerlin_2

Was he on drugs or forced to do this?

Postby Kerlin_2 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Is it possible that he was on drugs or someone forced him to leave civilization? No one in there right mind would go out in the woods in Alaska and live in a bus alone till death. A person in the right mind would get help when they were in rough condition. Could of someone threatened to kill his family if he didn't disappear. Anything thing could be possible.

ShmoneyKilla232

Re: Was he on drugs or forced to do this?

Postby ShmoneyKilla232 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:23 pm

Did you and I watch the same movie? He planned to come back to civilization but the river was too fast in the summer and he ate those berries which basically paralyzed him. Alexander Supertramp was trapped in the wild!

charles

Postby charles » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:25 pm

are you a retard of course he wasn’t he wanted to live freely and experience life fully and all of its beauties he wasn’t threatened out of civilisation or left because he was in drugs no drug would make you do that to that extreme stop trying to dig deeper into something that is obviously not true

ohliesl

Postby ohliesl » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:36 pm

chris mccandless was not on drugs. however, i believe mccandless exhibits traits of a personality disorder. by no means am i an expert but the notion of making his parents believe he's getting on their page solely so he can make his exit more impactful on them. he also suffered childhood trauma, and in the eighties and nineties no one really looked out for things like borderline personality disorder. with that being said, regardless of what specifically chris might have had, i do believe he suffered from mental illness. he wasn't insane, just struggling. and mental illness doesn't make his venture into the wild any less significant, because he still accomplished it. it's still incredible and worthy of praise. he just needed professional help.

noahebzery

Postby noahebzery » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:22 pm

charles wrote:are you a retard of course he wasn’t he wanted to live freely and experience life fully and all of its beauties he wasn’t threatened out of civilisation or left because he was in drugs no drug would make you do that to that extreme stop trying to dig deeper into something that is obviously not true

Many drugs could cause this behaviour. I expected he took maybe ayahuasca or DMT or possibly Psilocybin mushrooms and he could have just had a very extreme reaction to said drugs. I think counting out the possibility of him being on drugs is dumb.

Alaskan103

Postby Alaskan103 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:17 pm

A person who doesn't like nature, wild, living off the land, living without hi-tech, and certainly living in our time, would of coarse believe Chris was insane or doing drugs. The same way He, probably believed that people working 9-5 jobs and putting on a suit everyday was insane or doing drugs... perspective.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”