Opinions on Chris

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
Kaysid

Opinions on Chris

Postby Kaysid » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Do you think Chris was crazy for doing what he did? Would you do it too?

Im1snell

Re: Opinions on Chris

Postby Im1snell » Tue May 19, 2015 5:50 pm

I do not think Christopher was crazy what so ever, human-beings, males in particular get adventure stricken. He was more then adventure stricken, that was his escape. Escape from a abusive home-life. I can relate in that in a way, my parents are alcoholics, and my father was abusive. What he did inspired people, but that is not why he did it. He did it to do something with his life, something he can say, "hey i did that!".. Thats what I take from all of it. I've felt the same way christopher did, even before knowing him. I wanted to run away, but I was so young. But the feeling NEVER leaves; it is abrupt.

SheGoesIntoTheWild

Re: Opinions on Chris

Postby SheGoesIntoTheWild » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:04 am

No, I don't think he was crazy - not at all. Quite the contrary, I admire him for what he did.
I really hold him in high esteem for doing whatever he wanted, for following his dreams, for escaping the so called "normal" life, ...

And yes, I would do it too. Because I think the sense of life is to be happy and satisfied and everyone should do all that is necessary for reaching that (of course without damaging anyone).
“The true harvest of my daily life is somewhat as intangible and indescribable as the tints of morning or evening. It is a little star-dust caught, a segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Discussions on Chris”