Would you do what Chris did?

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
wbhssampson

Re: Would you do what Chris did?

Postby wbhssampson » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:40 pm

i could never do what Chris did! I love my family way too much. not that he didn't love his its just that I would miss them. of course they piss me off and do things I don't truly believe in the their my family. I know if I were to go into the wild.... I wouldn't survive. There are things I need and want. This makes me think of how I take things for granted but oh well thats just me. Call me stupid but I refuse to use the bathroom in the woods and eat berries and stuff like that for months.

Wbhs_redneck

Postby Wbhs_redneck » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Yes I would to be honest with you it must be nice to get away from people and the daily drama of our generation

WbhsCrowe

Postby WbhsCrowe » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Every now and then we loose our hope and we need to get away from society and thats what Chris did and I wouldn't go as far as Chris did but I would go out of state and kinda "drop off the map" when i need to get away. It can be soothing and you can forget everything that is going on in your life. So I would do what Chris did but I wouldn't go till I died.

Wbhsjchang

Postby Wbhsjchang » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:39 pm

I would not do what Chris did specifically, but I would do it my own way. Instead of going off into the wild, I would explore the city. I'm from the country side and there isn't much to do here, but when I'm in the city I feel at peace and so comfortable. I want to leave, not run away. I want to live with the city lights and walk through the tunnels in the park.

WbhsHaynes

Postby WbhsHaynes » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:39 pm

Would i do what Chris did ? Yes i would because it feels great to set a goal and go for it and achieve it. You can show your crazy fun and adventurous side its ok what people say if you wanna go out in the wild with the clothes on your back and a gun go for it just know your limitations and restraints. Me personally i would do it because i could relate to Chris because i wanna show that i can get anything i want and do it by myself and not ask for help. People should not judge Chris for his choices and him trying to show his abilities he his own person.

WBHSKMeono

Postby WBHSKMeono » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:43 pm

For me, i wouldn't do what Chris did with going to Alaska and risking his life to stay in the wilderness, but with the other things that he did, i would love to do it. For example, Chris giving all his money to OXFAM, or caring for the poor, and actually doing something to help them. The one thing that I love about Chris, was that he wasn't materialistic. Thats something in todays time that we have trouble with. All we care about is having the best of the best, or even the latest thing. So if that means for me to stay away from society, like what McCandles did, then why not?

WbhsPYang

Postby WbhsPYang » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:45 pm

I think in my life time I would do something like what Chris did, but at the same time I wouldn't. You gotta know that there are dangers out there in the world and if you approach one without precaution, your life can end at that moment without your even know it. Hitch hicking across the country just to get to Alaska, to me, is an extremely fearful thing. I don't know how Chris had the courage to get into a car with a stranger not knowing whether they're good people or not, but he could have been killed and buried while no one knew what happened to him. Chris knew what he was getting himself into and knew how and what to do to get to his destination. I would not know what to do rather than buy a plane ticket and enjoy my life there in Alaska.

WbhsGuzman

Postby WbhsGuzman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:53 pm

intothegreatwild wrote:Hi To you All,
yes, actually i would, why not?
it's like being limitless,absolutely free,independence, and other great feels, the plan was simple and it was to act simple,nothing complicated...but based on the movie that was individual error, and i believe that, because every once in a while we loose our HOPE to continue the shit we are doing and that's exactly the moment we're gonna loose every thing,Love, Life, Jobs, Friends...

no matter whats the motive but please don't loose it
thks...cheers ;)

I absolutely agree with this. I love it all. It's like you're going on an adventure out in the wild but in your mind you're going to find yourself.

WBHSMEEKSretry

Postby WBHSMEEKSretry » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:58 pm

I would do something like Chris did . Go out and travail ,see the world, be alive on my own. After reading about him and the things he did I think about it almost every day . Just getting rid of everything I don't have to have and go off.

WBHSrcook

Postby WBHSrcook » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:02 pm

I would not go as extreme as he did. I might travel around the country, but i wouldn't try to go to Alaska and live off the land. I am not that brave.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”