Would you do what Chris did?

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
MaryEE

Would you do what Chris did?

Postby MaryEE » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:21 pm

I wouldn't ever think about doing what he did, but it depends on your views about life and what you think you need and don't need

abby_przybilla

Re: Would you do what Chris did?

Postby abby_przybilla » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:56 pm

I wouldn't. What Chris did was very risky and not well planned out. When he graduated from school he should have gone straight to college and not taken a break to go to Alaska. Getting to Alaska he should have had a plan on what he was going to do and how he was going to get there. If I were to go to Alaska I would probably fly there and have sleeping arrangements planned out before leaving.

abby_przybilla

Postby abby_przybilla » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:56 pm

I wouldn't. What Chris did was very risky and not well planned out. When he graduated from school he should have gone straight to college and not taken a break to go to Alaska. Getting to Alaska he should have had a plan on what he was going to do and how he was going to get there. If I were to go to Alaska I would probably fly there and have sleeping arrangements planned out before leaving.

abby_przybilla

Postby abby_przybilla » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:57 pm

intothegreatwild

Postby intothegreatwild » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi To you All,
yes, actually i would, why not?
it's like being limitless,absolutely free,independence, and other great feels, the plan was simple and it was to act simple,nothing complicated...but based on the movie that was individual error, and i believe that, because every once in a while we loose our HOPE to continue the shit we are doing and that's exactly the moment we're gonna loose every thing,Love, Life, Jobs, Friends...

no matter whats the motive but please don't loose it
thks...cheers ;)

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:48 pm

What specifically are you referring to? It's a rather vague question.
Would I...
Give away college money? Disconnect with asshole parents? Leave my car behind? Work at McDonalds? Live in a cave for weeks and during Christmas? Travel on foot? Hitchhike? Travel multiple times to Alaska? Keep a rice diet? Walk a trail? Live in a bus? Shoot a moose?
Live my life on my terms?
Yes.

~Steve Salmon

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Oh and Abby, Did you even read the book?

~Steve Salmon

fredmerlin

Postby fredmerlin » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:59 am

You Go, Steve...

fredmerlin

Postby fredmerlin » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:51 am

intothegreatwild wrote:because every once in a while we loose our HOPE to continue the shit we are doing and that's exactly the moment we're gonna loose every thing

LOVE THIS LINE, 'greatwild'...this is so true. BUT.. Only the people that really love us will hold us to them 'til this passes. I consider it to be 'acceptance'....who you are, warts and all. We all need the people in our lives that are capable of doing this. Hope we all have one or two...

WBHShollifield

Postby WBHShollifield » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:40 pm

Yes and no, I don't think i could go to the extent that he did in leaving my family and "perfect life" to live outside in -30 degree weather. I understand why he would want to leave the stress of his straight line lifestyle, i just dont think i could go that far.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”