What did Chris eat?

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
caulfieldphoebe

What did Chris eat?

Postby caulfieldphoebe » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:56 pm

In Alaska he ate rice, animal flesh and edible plants (correct me if I'm wrong), but what about his travels before Alaska? Did he go to a store and just bought whatever he could afford?

I've understood that he spent quite long periods of time in the wilderness. So did he just eat rice and the plants he would find e.g. in California?

TRjames

Re: What did Chris eat?

Postby TRjames » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:37 am

I would Like to know the same thing, I was also wondering what Chris would eat when he would spend long periods out on the roads? I'm sure he stocked up on food before he left for his adventure but that would have only last a short period of time. And in the movie Chris burn the money he had when he left his car so he would not of had money to buy food from stores or truck stops. Anyone else have any thoughts on the topic??

JuliaMsk

Postby JuliaMsk » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:21 pm

maybe he met people, chatted with them and for sure those who liked him or maybe felt sorry for him treated him, like Wayne invited him to dinner...

PasoPedro

Postby PasoPedro » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:03 am

Chris ate mostly edible wild plants and food that was prepared by others, like Wayne's girlfriend that cooked for him and from others that he befriended. He did work at a fast food restaurant chain (McDonald's, if I am correct) for a short time as well, but it is believed that he didn't eat there.
"Our destinies are the culmination of all the choices we've made along the way, which is why it's imperative to listen hard to your inner voice when it speaks up. Don't let anyone else's noise drown it out." -Megan McCaffarty

Kshepherd

Postby Kshepherd » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:41 pm

He had a 25 pound bag of rice, he hunted, and had a book on plants which he used to find edible berries.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”