Chris in alaska

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
Mervin

Chris in alaska

Postby Mervin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:19 am

I have seen the movie but have not read any books, I was wondering if Chris knew that bus was there, or did he just happen upon it? Some other questions I have are, if he didn't know about the bus, did he have a tent? If he didn't know of the bus, what were his plans for shelter? And also if he didn't know about the bus, were did he plan to hike to? And does anyone know when and where he planned to return out of the bush? I am new to this site, and also Chris's story. I just saw the Shawn penn movie on tv a week ago, and upon hearing it was a true story am absolutely amazed by every aspect of it. Sorry that he didn't make it out! Chris's personality and being we're very different but very amazing. He would have been an interesting person to have known, and would have made a very good friend. It seems although he didn't let people too close to him in the sense that he was determined about fulfilling his dreams, he seems to have made the people's lives who had the privalige to meet his acquaintance during his adventures better! I wish I could have met him. Does anyone have an opinion as to what book would contain the most factual info and pictures, and his journal? To his sister Corinne I would say god bless and best wishes, I admire your truth and effort to keep Chris's memory alive and respected. Thanks everyone for the great posts! Mervin.

GoNorth

Re: Chris in alaska

Postby GoNorth » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:39 am

Welcome to this forum. That's a lot of questions to which you will easily find the replies (and much more) in Krakauer's book. It's really worth reading, as it contains so much more background information.
You can also read it online here: http://www.litmir.net/br/?b=104963&p=1

Mervin

Re: Chris in alaska

Postby Mervin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks for the reply, and info. It is greatly appreciated.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”