Chris McCandales' train of thought

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
flow for days

Chris McCandales' train of thought

Postby flow for days » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:19 pm

Do you believe Chris was a fool for doing what he did, or was he one of the lucky ones in society to get away from the world and experience life for its true colours, and the way people used to live? I believe that he is one of the stronger men that existed in society. Although his decision was very self conceited he was doing what made him happy, and what others said wouldn't have altered his decision what so ever. I believe had Chris survived through his trek he could have been a great leader of men, and the positive change our society needs. His story will alter many peoples lives for the better, and make them realize that they too can follow their dreams and do anything they set their minds too. Hopefully not all of these people do the same thing Chris did though.

Moose200x

Re: Chris McCandales' train of thought

Postby Moose200x » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:26 pm

One thing that is not up for debate is that his will power and drive was vastly superior to your average man. Chris was able to push himself to overcome challenges and adversity that would left the vast majority of other men dead

As for why he left and if his decision was selfish...well... we really don't know why Chris did what he did. I often wonder if he was gay. 20 years ago being gay was not socially acceptable like today. My best friend is a gay man. I met him in highschool. He was gothic at the time. Then he became a beach bum. Then a drunk. Now he is super into self improvement. I know that his gayness has always caused him to play out different personas as a way to hide his true self. There's been many a folk who said that Chris and Wayne had a more than friends relationship. Sadly only Wayne knows the truth about that.

Chris was not a leader. Chris was a solo soul chasing his own dreams. He just did not have the great qualities of a leader. A good leader is bullheaded, arrogant, over-confident and controlling. Chris was clearly none of those.

Chris is a hero for the simple fact that he has made a positive impact in my life and for that I am thankful. He is my hero.

WbhsGuzman

Re: Chris McCandales' train of thought

Postby WbhsGuzman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:21 pm

I feel like Chris was still confused as he walked into the wild. At the beginning of the movie he constantly repeats how scared he is. Was he 100% positive he really wanted to go out in the wild? There was times he enjoyed being out and about in the wild, it was like a little get away.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”