Totally Inspired.

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
supertramp-superlady

Totally Inspired.

Postby supertramp-superlady » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 pm

Chris McCandless is my ultimate hero. He has inspire me in a way that no one has ever before. One day i wish to take off and live the way he lived. Free. And away from everything and everyone. I would leave tomorrow if i could. And i CAN... but my family is nothing like Chris'. My mom is my best friend and my dad, i am very close to. Also, I am a female and the risks of living the life off the grid, and a free spirit is much more risky. I have only dreamed of taking off, and one day i might if I gain the guts. Chris (Alex) went out into the world looking for "himself". After reading that part of the book... i thought, 'what does that mean?' Then thinking about it for a while... i got it. I feel as though you have to discover your weaknesses to your fullest point and potential. I was told a quote a few months ago: "Do something every day that scares you." And whenever I heard or thought of this simple saying, my mind immediately shot straight to Chris. He did things that the strongest men in the world would be afraid and unable to perform themselves. Everyone who had met Chris and had anything to say about him, always said something around the lines of, 'he was a one of a kind guy who could never be duplicated.' I just hope that one day i will become even half of that, who my fellow peers could imagine me as that kind of person. I guess i just want to be... one of a kind. And never have i ever thought of being a person in those words. I just wanted to "fit in". But reading the book and watching the movie COUNTLESS amount of times... I've learned more from Chris than I have from anyone else. I am not happy with my current lifestyle I am living and plan to change it as soon as i get the balls to. He is my ultimate hero. I just really wanted an opportunity to share my deep, obsessive thoughts about the most amazing person I have had the pleasure to learn about in my lifetime. And to share these thoughts with people, who I assume have the same infatuation and feelings for this guy. Thank you so much for listening to my ranting. I could go on and on but i'll stop... For now. For anyone who wants to chat about Chris, traveling, the movie, the book or whatever... let me know! "Happiness only real when shared" Right?!
THANKS FOR LISTENING!!!!

The Italian Guy

Re: Totally Inspired.

Postby The Italian Guy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi, I am an Italian guy and I'm 16 years old (and you're probably gonna see the worst English that have you ever seen, but I hope you'll understand).
I would leave tomorrow too. I dream it. I hate my daily life. I go to school, I meet my friends and often I earn something making websites. But, this summer I met a girl of a different kind. I had some girls before but I think I loved (and maybe I love?) only this last one. Then i becomed selfish and i lost her, and now I frequently ask me "how can I find myself?"
Aw, I think that escape from my lifestyle is the best way I have and I can if I want. So, what's keep me into my house? Fear? Of what? I hope things will go in the right way. And I might leave one day. It's really hard for me trying to talk of those issues, those feelings, expecially with a stranger on the web and not in my mothertongue.
But, trust me, I exactly know and understand what are you feeling.
"Happiness only real when shared" -I think so.

The Italian Guy

Re: Totally Inspired.

Postby The Italian Guy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi, I am an Italian guy and I'm 16 years old (and you're probably gonna see the worst English that have you ever seen, but I hope you'll understand).
I would leave tomorrow too. I dream it. I hate my daily life. I go to school, I meet my friends and often I earn something making websites. But, this summer I met a girl of a different kind. I had some girls before but I think I loved (and maybe I love?) only this last one. Then i becomed selfish and i lost her, and now I frequently ask me "how can I find myself?"
Aw, I think that escape from my lifestyle is the best way I have and I can if I want. So, what's keep me into my house? Fear? Of what? I hope things will go in the right way. And I might leave one day. It's really hard for me trying to talk of those issues, those feelings, expecially with a stranger on the web and not in my mothertongue.
But, trust me, I exactly know and understand what are you feeling.
"Happiness only real when shared" -I think so.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”