Birth. School. Work. Death.

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
kingdomdayz777

Birth. School. Work. Death.

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:13 pm

this is the model for the majority of our lives.

we are born into school (slavery) and then go straight into working a mediocre job for the rest of our existence. add on a few years of blind ambition AKA retirement, and you've got "life".

my dad has been an accountant for 40 years; he hates his job, but he sticks with it because he makes money. he claims he likes "buying nice things for himself" and supporting our family, but i believe it is more so out of pride and self worship; building a name for himself.
he lives in Fear and Monotony.

what is the cause of this? is it the media, schoolsystems?.. why don't we pursue our deepest, most adventurous dreams? we live these purpose-less lives of nothingness.. why are we so brainwashed?

gregory

Re: Birth. School. Work. Death.

Postby gregory » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:59 am

SO,SO,SO Agree with you? It is so shitty and sad! that`s as good as it gets!!!. but, wait I hear someone sayinging your not extremly poor,hungry,homeless and at risk of death every day with no hope of a future, This point is an extrem example that tell you ,,your shitty secure reinue is not so bad!!!true, but it also tell us that these two worlds are out of balance and undermine what humanity we have. Just look at anything in nature, if it`s too out of balance it because unwell!! Still your unhappyness is just as important in an extrem world as this!!!

Return to “Discussions on Chris”