did Chris REALLY meet Leonard (salvation mtn guy)

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
kingdomdayz777

did Chris REALLY meet Leonard (salvation mtn guy)

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:07 am

was it just a sweet story (and it is sawWEEEEET) to spice up the movie, or did it actually happen in Chris' real life??

if so, that would definitely make a lot of sense (Chris writing about God or "Lord" in his journal...

Leonard has impacted so many people with his spiritual and sold-out-for-Jesus hardcore lifestyle of purpose and love.. a true man with love in his heart for REALZ :)

GoNorth

Re: did Chris REALLY meet Leonard (salvation mtn guy)

Postby GoNorth » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm not 100 % sure, but I think I read somewhere that Chris actually did meet Leonard Knight.
He definitely visited Salvation Mountain and took a picture of it, which can be found in the book "Back to the wild".

By the way, I was just searching a bit on the internet and found the information that Leonard does no longer stay at Salvation Mountain,

http://www.technomadia.com/2012/01/roadside-america-epic-artists/

kingdomdayz777

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:29 pm

oh okay, i haven't read the book yet, thanks!!!

actually, i was at Salvation Mountain (in Niland, California) last week, and yeah leonard isn't there. he was in the hospital back in September (circa maybe), but now he is still living in Niland, but in an actual house this time. he still stops by occasionally.

fun fact; there was actually an open, fresh can of red paint. i guess the people monitoring Salvation Mountain's upkeep want people to paint and continuing to work on it :)

but i encourage everyone to go see it; absolutely stunning. the presence of His Love is definitely there :)

kingdomdayz777

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:33 pm

that makes a lot of sense though. i don't like to assume, but now that Chris did meet leonard, it is possible he could have developed some sort of spiritual relationship with Jesus..

( that would explain the journal notes with "Lord" and all that.. but who knows for sure though )

hmm intersante ;)

Return to “Discussions on Chris”