atempt the advencher

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
humanphilosopher

atempt the advencher

Postby humanphilosopher » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Me and some friends are thinking of trying Chris' journey. We're thinking of going around the U.S., and eventual to Alaska. I don't think we'll try staying there for a few mouth, and defiantly not alone in the wild. We're excited, but its not like a road trip. We're visiting the spots were Chris stayed, and living the life he did. Anyone think this might be a stupid idea, or have any advice for us? Finally, should I try this on my own, and is there a better location that America to travel?
What makes us strong, what makes us week, and what makes me...me?

Moose200x

Re: atempt the advencher

Postby Moose200x » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Forgive me if I am not supposed to post other links!

I use http://www.digihitch.com

All about hitchiking!

chriswasanidiot

Postby chriswasanidiot » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Before you "attempt the adventure", read this article.

http://f-ckingc-nts.com/people/10-true-facts-about-chris-mccandless/

Footloose

Postby Footloose » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:46 am

Hey humanphilosopher, I am 18 and have lived the last 2 years of my life as a leather tramp hitching around Australia. Living a nomadic lifestyle has always exited me and I can think of no worse fate than having a secure future... I want to strongly encourage you to undertake this life, for each day a new and different sun. You will not regret it! Find yourself and escape this soul-draining, conformist society and there is no place like the road to find like-minded people. You will find that as you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness... Do not try escape the inevitable any longer, just do it man. Follow in the footprints of this inspirational individual. Who cares what 'the suits' think :)
If atoms and particles behave in probabilistic ways, and our mind is made of atoms and particles, then how can free will exist?

Return to “Discussions on Chris”