Chris photo

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
Niksa

Chris photo

Postby Niksa » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Who took the pictures of the Chris, the one where he is sitting next to bus?
I just don't have time to write anything in this moment, I would love to write my opinion and thoughts about everything related to Chris, movie and the story now. I am 18 years old from Serbia and I'm tired of society, every day is getting worse and worse, every day comes harder, and I think I'm closed somehow I do not belong to the current society, I had no idea how to solve this problem, I found Chris's biography a few days ago and I'm just waiting for that time, when I am going to tell myself "GO!". It's better and I'm ready to live 2 years free, instead of closed lifetime.
Thank you Chris, I will always remember you.

xiaosong

Re: Chris photo

Postby xiaosong » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:22 am

i think it is what he did,my english is very poor, if only you can understand my word。

goombla

Postby goombla » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:49 pm

All the ones near the bus are believed to be self portraits.

Thoreau

Postby Thoreau » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:59 am

Niksa wrote:Who took the pictures of the Chris, the one where he is sitting next to bus?
I just don't have time to write anything in this moment, I would love to write my opinion and thoughts about everything related to Chris, movie and the story now. I am 18 years old from Serbia and I'm tired of society, every day is getting worse and worse, every day comes harder, and I think I'm closed somehow I do not belong to the current society, I had no idea how to solve this problem, I found Chris's biography a few days ago and I'm just waiting for that time, when I am going to tell myself "GO!". It's better and I'm ready to live 2 years free, instead of closed lifetime.
Thank you Chris, I will always remember you.

Seriously, I have had the same thoughts for the past year. If things keep going the way they are, I'm out, just going to longboard myself to freedom. This site is pretty ridiculous when you think about it, it's just a bunch of people with the same kinds of views speculating, on what? A man's life that we all adore so much? I just feel as if we all want to live this kind of life style, or find that magic bus of ours, we all have to be true to what we feel is right and what should be done. So, if you ever get the chance to see this post again, GO! and I shall do the same

chriswasanidiot

Postby chriswasanidiot » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:05 pm

If you all feel this way then just "GO". Get off the computer and go, go find yourselves. I really feel for most of you people. It amazes me that you think you need to do what he did to "find yourself". Keep blaming society for all of your troubles, all of your problems. Don't look inside yourself. You people put this guy up on a pedestal, for what? Do you really think that if he were still alive, knowing what he would have known that he would actually encourage you people to do what he did? He STARVED himself to death! I'm sure Stevie will chime in here and tell everyone what a bad person I am for thinking and saying these things. Stevie apparently has more insight into Chris' life and death than anyone else.

Footloose

Postby Footloose » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:49 am

Hey Niksa, I am 18 and have lived the last 2 years of my life as a leather tramp hitching around Australia. Living a nomadic lifestyle has always exited me and I can think of no worse fate than having a secure future... I want to strongly encourage you to undertake this life, for each day a new and different sun. You will not regret it! Find yourself and escape this soul-draining, conformist society and there is no place like the road to find like-minded people. You will find that as you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness... Do not try escape the inevitable any longer, just do it man. Who cares what 'the suits' think :)
If atoms and particles behave in probabilistic ways, and our mind is made of atoms and particles, then how can free will exist?

marcym

Postby marcym » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:13 pm

chriswasanidiot wrote:If you all feel this way then just "GO". Get off the computer and go, go find yourselves. I really feel for most of you people. It amazes me that you think you need to do what he did to "find yourself". Keep blaming society for all of your troubles, all of your problems. Don't look inside yourself. You people put this guy up on a pedestal, for what? Do you really think that if he were still alive, knowing what he would have known that he would actually encourage you people to do what he did? He STARVED himself to death! I'm sure Stevie will chime in here and tell everyone what a bad person I am for thinking and saying these things. Stevie apparently has more insight into Chris' life and death than anyone else.

Hi,
to be honest is not completely wrong what you have written, about the people that put Chris on a pedestal, what I mean? For me find a freedom is not a copy what Chris did but just try to realize my dreams, my own dreams...anyway I think too that most of them want go to the bus just for to commemorate their "friend", why? Because if you think about, Chris has helped all the people to understand that for to can be happy, sometimes, is possible to don't have the pockets full of money...is just his point of view, for him, for me, and for most of the people that in generally write on the forum, but for me the message is: "If you are sad, go out: go out of that situation, try to improve your life, try to realize your own dreams, and go out from the preconceptions that the society has created". Everybody can find the happiness only if learn to know himself for to understand which are the priorities in his life and if for someone part of the plan to improve her, starts from the bus, why not?
Sincerely I hope that the people are enough intelligent for follow their own dreams and that they want go to the bus for bring honor with their own love to this guy, not for to follow his tragic end...and then please, please, please, have respect about this point too...was been an accident, he has payed, is correct to say to the guys to be carefull but not more...
Is my point of view.
In this forum the people have feelings of love for him, for the life, for the freedom, really you aren't able to understand it? There is more, that the admiration for him, the people from all the parts of the world here talk about Chris but think about their life, at the happiness, at the freedom, at the tears and at the suffering that we have in the life...why not? Is good, is a point of meet, is a exchange of ideas.
I could be false if now don't say that sometimes some questions about Chris's life from some person have been really strange, for me, for my culture...and I have suffered for example when I have read about the Chris's sex life suppositions...in the start I have answered but then I didn't , because I don't like the polemics and easily everybody has different opinions, and so different kind of curiosity, stop. I don't want to judge nobody, for respect.
I don't want say to you "Go away" like other people did because you have the right of write your opinion I would ask you only, please, don't forget the respect for Chris...thank you.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”