Something Most Forget About Chris...

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
freeSpirit

Something Most Forget About Chris...

Postby freeSpirit » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:12 am

he had a passion for helping others.. people say he didn't value human relationships, but if i don't recall he DID spend many weekends going downtown, buying a ton of big macs and giving them to the homeless, having conversations with them.

he studied many african, world hunger, etc. type of classes.

he definitely had a passion for people and wondered why so many people don't share the love, money they have.

i couldn't agree more; not to idolize chris at all, but he definitely was a great person, but we can all be like him, we just have to detach from society's indoctrination methods on us thru the media, political/religious figures.

we've all been guilty of it, but i think we need to put our selfish ways behind us (especially me!), and just serve one another in love. all homeless want is love and health. so many of us, like myself, get caught up in greedy desires that are trivial.... sigh. :D

GoNorth

Re: Something Most Forget About Chris...

Postby GoNorth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:03 am

freeSpirit wrote:.. people say he didn't value human relationships,

Some people do, but only if they know nothing but the movie. Everyone who has read the book "Into the wild" should remember the things you just mentioned, about helping homeless people in the past AND the relationships he built up during his journey.
And even the new book "Back to the wild" at least shows how much he cared for his new friends Wayne, Jan and Russell ("Ron") and how anxious he was to maintain regular contact with them, by showing lots of postcards and letters he sent them.

freeSpirit

Postby freeSpirit » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:20 pm

yeah good point haha

lexybam

Postby lexybam » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:50 pm

It ism only passion that can make somebody to go to that extent. The point remains that you dont do things to satisfy people because you cant. Just follow your heart is the best principle.

lindseyguimont8

Postby lindseyguimont8 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Chris was also a humanitarian by giving all his money to a fund to help the starved. Also, on his journey he touched many lives including Wayne Westerburg and Ron Franz. They only remember positive things about him. Chris was put there for a reason and he fulfilled his journey.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”