Where are the " Chris' " of TODAY??!

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
freeSpirit

Where are the " Chris' " of TODAY??!

Postby freeSpirit » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:21 am

it seems like so many people are just following others, the media, what schoolteachers, parents, friends, movies tell them is how they should live.

we've all done it, but i think we need to put our childish ways behind us, and develop minds of our own, freethinking minds that aren't controlled by the government, society or any of that crap.

i see too many young people in their 20's chasing after the Business, money making, passionless lifestyle because its all they know. its ALL they were taught since birth; to go to school and then go to college, and why you are at college you are going to get a degree and with that degree you are going to try and get a nice house, car, wife/husband, and a SECURE life.

is that all life is about? spendind 20 years in the classroom then going STRAIGHT into a job that you don't really like, and then spending 20 years mopin' around until you are dead FOREVER (assuming God is not real/one doesn't believe)???

it sucks that so many people aren't truly themselves; they are so caught up in themselves, their possessions, their job and all that crap that isn't important because their is no passion of meaning to any of it.

we have been reduced to robots and i blame the government for it all; we sit and OBEY what the schoolteachers/system tells us, then we go home from school and are bombarded by the media, showing us the "ideal" lifestyle and how we should dress, consume, etc.

if there were more free thinkers like Chris who questioned everything around them, and we stopped following what the schoolteachers, religious people, media told us then we'd be far better off and wayyy more happier. i just wish i knew people who weren't so CONFORMED... it bugs me.

thoughts?

:)

pezar

Re: Where are the " Chris' " of TODAY??!

Postby pezar » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:00 pm

And the thing is, because of economic mismanagement, those kids chasing the golden ring will NEVER get it. They're like the donkey who is chasing a carrot that he doesn't realize is tied to a stick held by his master so he will go and not stop. The whole point is for the master to ride the donkey, but the donkey doesn't realize that he will never get to eat the carrot. It also reminds me of Thomas Jefferson raging that "the masses of men are not born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, in order to ride them by the grace of God". He was wrong; it's ridiculously easy for the favored few to ride their horses, since the horses are told that it's "freedom". It's quite a trick indeed to put blinders on a man and tell him they are glasses, and for the blinded man to BELIEVE it! The youth rage on because they don't have the "opportunities" that earlier generations had, but look at it as not being tied down, so as to be free. Of course, you've gotta make some smart decisions along the way. Don't get into lots of debt that you have no hope of paying down. Don't go to college because of empty promises from people who lie.

freeSpirit

Postby freeSpirit » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:36 pm

yeah dude its such a HUGE bummer!!

we all know the school systems are largely to blame for this; but what role do you think the media plays in this?? anyone can answer by the way :)

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:36 am

I think we are one piece of it. There are the ones who have already left, living how they can, without those headaches anymore. There are some who haven't awakened yet, just like myself a few years back.

They know deep down something ain't right, but, don't know what it is.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

Sam

Postby Sam » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:17 pm

Don't worry, there are "Chris's" still.
I would like to call myself one of them.

Here's a short presentation of me, to describe the way I think.
I'm 16 years old, I live in Sweden. Ever since I was small my family have gone on lots of journeys around the world. And ever since my first memories I've loved the nature. It's so peaceful and beautiful, yet so unforgiving. When I was 3-4 years old I saw Tarzan and the Jungle Book (Disney). That made something grow inside of me. The urge to be free. No boundaries, no work, no watch, no needs-to-do's.

I'm in my first year of the swedish "High School" (it's not the same as in America and other countries, but it's the best way I can describe it) and I study Nature Science. When I've finished my 3 year on the NS-program I'm not planning to continue my studies as most of my classmates are. I don't want to study 7 more years to become a doctor and save lives who'll ruin the world.
I want to be free.

So, my plan is to go backpacking, all over the world. I'll start out in Sweden (I'll have to earn some money first, to pass borders and stuff, euff) and just go. Wherever my heart leads me. I'm trying to plan everything I might need as good as possible, preferably a bit early than too late. Just to make sure I don't die. I don't mind dying, but I want to make sure I am free when I give up.

IF, that doesn't work out I'll be working as a volunteer abroad, preferably South America or Africa.

I could write more, but I don't know if it's relevant.
Either way, my point is, don't worry there are those who longs to be free, still.

Wedelen64

Postby Wedelen64 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:08 pm

The media has become a pawn of the government. Since big business pays the media for advertising AND pays off the politicians(thru lobbyists), who do you blame? I call it the circle of deceit. You blame one and they will gladly point the finger at the other(wow, just like the democrats/republicans do!) and so on sending you chasing your tail like a dog. They are all to blame since they all are in colusion. Their excuse is: "it is all for the good of the people" or "do it for the children!"

one note: Believe me or not there are people like us, who think like us, that have never heard of or don't care about Chris's story. There are some in the media, very few, but there are. They don't work for any of the "big Six" media companies that run all media in this country (six companies!?!? and we wonder why we don't get the truth!). Some you may like others you may not because they are too out there but they do exist and they have a voice if you can find them. Luckily there are always exceptions to the rule, if you can find them.

a-h

Postby a-h » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:12 pm

Sam wrote:Don't worry, there are "Chris's" still.
I would like to call myself one of them.

Here's a short presentation of me, to describe the way I think.
I'm 16 years old, I live in Sweden. Ever since I was small my family have gone on lots of journeys around the world. And ever since my first memories I've loved the nature. It's so peaceful and beautiful, yet so unforgiving. When I was 3-4 years old I saw Tarzan and the Jungle Book (Disney). That made something grow inside of me. The urge to be free. No boundaries, no work, no watch, no needs-to-do's.

I'm in my first year of the swedish "High School" (it's not the same as in America and other countries, but it's the best way I can describe it) and I study Nature Science. When I've finished my 3 year on the NS-program I'm not planning to continue my studies as most of my classmates are. I don't want to study 7 more years to become a doctor and save lives who'll ruin the world.
I want to be free.

So, my plan is to go backpacking, all over the world. I'll start out in Sweden (I'll have to earn some money first, to pass borders and stuff, euff) and just go. Wherever my heart leads me. I'm trying to plan everything I might need as good as possible, preferably a bit early than too late. Just to make sure I don't die. I don't mind dying, but I want to make sure I am free when I give up.

IF, that doesn't work out I'll be working as a volunteer abroad, preferably South America or Africa.

I could write more, but I don't know if it's relevant.
Either way, my point is, don't worry there are those who longs to be free, still.

Hi! Eller borde jag säga hej? Såg att du var svensk och tyckte bara att det var så sällsynt på denna hemsida att jag var tvungen att skriva. Din historia och sätt att tänka på påminner mycket om min, och det skulle vara kul att prata med någon på sitt eget språk då det kan vara svårt att uttrycka sig på engelska ibland. Så om du skulle känna för att bara utbyta lite tankar, idéer och planer så kan du få min mejl?
Hör av dig om du vill!

Return to “Discussions on Chris”