I F***ing HATE CHRIS MCCANDLESS

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
chriswasanidiot

Re: I F***ing HATE CHRIS MCCANDLESS

Postby chriswasanidiot » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm glad you all are enjoying my website. And I'm glad that all of you have now stooped to the same level that you THINK I am on. I did not start this thread so for those of you who think I did why don't you look and see who the OP was, it wasn't me. As for hating Chris, that was one of my first posts where I said that I DID NOT hate him. Before you make comments maybe you should read the entire thread. All of you think that you knew him, well, you didn't, you only think you did. Some of you have read the book, some of you have seen the movie and some of you have done both, congratulations. Where are all the people who actually DID know him? If he was so inspirational then follow in his footsteps and head out down Stampede Rd. This is a good time of year for it. Better yet, take the next 9 or 10 months to think about it and head out around January. Or, be original and find another destination, how about the Brooks Range.

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:48 pm

~SS
Last edited by SteveSalmon on Thu May 03, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagro

Postby nagro » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:22 am

"Many have climbed Mt. Everest and many have died trying. Is there a quality difference among them? Of course not, but you can probably see where someone who stood at the bottom of the mountain insulting the climbers would be quite annoying."

what chris did would be more like trying to climb everest solo. he was pretty inexperienced at hunting and gathering, his ideals about going into the wilderness without the bare minimum were to strong and it killed him. thats pretty stupid if you think about it, he coudlve survived pretty easily if he just prepared more. but he had his own motives so you cant really judge him

"I'll be back in my hometown this summer to make another hike to the bus- Not because a guy, who I feel, would've been a great friend did so, but, simply because I have the freedom to do it."

i think your lying to yourself

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:45 am

~SS
Last edited by SteveSalmon on Thu May 03, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:10 am

~SS
Last edited by SteveSalmon on Thu May 03, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagro

Postby nagro » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Last edited by nagro on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

nagro

Postby nagro » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:52 pm

SteveSalmon wrote:"I do not believe that visiting the bus is an insult to Chris. However, I DO believe that visiting the bus without adequately preparing is an insult to Chris, Alaska, and the adventure community as a whole. It's one thing to challenge yourself, it's another to blatantly ignore the lessons offered by others mistakes and go and make them for yourself. It's ridiculous to knowingly put yourself in a situation where the park service, AK state troopers, or the Healy fire department is likely to have to come and rescue you."

chris was inadequately prepared. how is what he did any different, other than his "ideals"?

nagro

Postby nagro » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:21 pm

SteveSalmon wrote:Chris McCandless died of unfortunate circumstances. Not stupidity, not inexperience, not because of poisonous seeds.

wrong.

GoNorth

Postby GoNorth » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:20 am

nagro wrote:i think your lying to yourself

Awesome! I’m fascinated by your visionary skills! I know this might be a bit off topic here, but do you think you could find the time to read some of my posts and tele-psychoanalyze me as well, please? I’ve been feeling like having some unresolved issues for quite a while and would be very grateful for any kind of assistance. ;)

nagro

Postby nagro » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:48 pm

GoNorth wrote:
nagro wrote:i think your lying to yourself

Awesome! I’m fascinated by your visionary skills! I know this might be a bit off topic here, but do you think you could find the time to read some of my posts and tele-psychoanalyze me as well, please? I’ve been feeling like having some unresolved issues for quite a while and would be very grateful for any kind of assistance. ;)

lol, i know i came off like a dick but i was saying more that he wouldnt be at the bus unless chris went there. like if chris didnt exist he would never go there. i wasnt trying to psychoanalyze him or anything.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”