Chris hid from help?

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
pezar

Chris hid from help?

Postby pezar » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:25 am

On another forum (a survivalist forum) the posters were trashing Chris, and one claimed that while in Alaska he hid from passersby to the bus so they wouldn't know he was there. I was under the impression that from April to September 1992, there were no visitors to the Bus. I didn't know what to say, since I haven't read anything like this anywhere. I know that Chris didn't want his parents to know where he was, and it turns out he had damn good reasons for that. But I haven't read that he hid from visitors to the Bus, or that there WERE any visitors. I know that he had to be persuaded by Jim Gallien to take the boots and sandwich, and that he tried to give Gallien his watch, because he didn't want to know what time it was. These posters were trashing Chris for not wanting the boots, and saying that he "refused food" apparently meaning the sandwich.

erikhalfacre

Re: Chris hid from help?

Postby erikhalfacre » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:13 am

Ron Lamothe had posted elsewhere on the forum that someone claimed they drove their Toyota Tercel out the bus during the time when Chris was there. The details seemed a bit sketchy to me, and I'm having a really hard time believing that a Tercel crossed the Teklanika without flooding out, but I've stopped short of saying that it's impossible. Sometimes the things people do with their vehicles amaze me.

It would also be impossible to know if Chris were 'hiding' even if someone had been to the bus during the summer he was there. He did go out on trips from the bus at different times, and had someone gone to the bus and not seen him, he may have simply just not been there.
Erik Halfacre - Moderator
info@pathfinderalaska.com
http://www.stampedetrail.info

GoNorth

Re: Chris hid from help?

Postby GoNorth » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 am

I just heard something similar from a local recently, which I wrote into this topic 2 days ago (see point "2."): http://www.christophermccandless.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3190&start=90

Return to “Discussions on Chris”