I was on the Stampede Trail twice while Chris was out there

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
ronlamothe

Re: I was on the Stampede Trail twice while Chris was out th

Postby ronlamothe » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks for the notes on Parker, guys. She's been a real trooper.

Regarding your most recent post, Nick, if you need a place to recoop after the Stampede hike, I would recommend the town of Talkeetna, just south of the Denali National Park. Not sure if you remember the show "Northern Exposure" (one of my favorites), but it's the closest thing to Cicely that I came across on my travels in AK. Good people. Good food. A good bar. Pretty small, but lots going on, lots of folks coming and going from all over, esp. Denali climbers. I stayed at a great place called "Latitude 62."

On another note, still haven't heard back from our Tercel driver. I'll give it a few more days and then try reaching him by other means...

Searcher

Re: I was on the Stampede Trail twice while Chris was out th

Postby Searcher » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:53 pm

Ron,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write on this forum, it can be difficult to find out more, and I found it really interesting. Have you received any more updates?

Thanks again

P.S. Hope your daughter recovered quickly

Jules

Re: I was on the Stampede Trail twice while Chris was out there

Postby Jules » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:18 am

Ron- I am curious if there is a connection between chris donating his money to a charity that prevents starvation, he was very researched/passionate on third world poverty. You say he documented his deterioration in those 3 unreleased pictured...why would he do this? Did he want to go through that experience himself maybe subconsciously?

i have been "researching" chris for a long time and you seem to have sparked my curiosity, you hint at the comment made to Gail's son that adds a layer and yet doesn't mean "it is what we think or don't think"

If you could clarify that something said and lend your thoughts about chris' documentating his starvation , I would truly appreciate it, for I fear my brain won't let it go until I know. If you could share those pictures and or your thoughts privately you can email me @julielemieuxphotography@yahoo.com

I want so badly as a photographer to see all the photos of his life and journey. I plan on trekking to the bus myself and photograph my adventure. Thank you for sharing all that you have!!

Return to “Discussions on Chris”