Chris just wanted to be free

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
projectaero

Chris just wanted to be free

Postby projectaero » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:12 am

When i say this what i mean is, i feel Chris felt he was institutionalised with society and how people just went about a 9-5 job, not living but just getting by.
Comparing it to these days where technology is taken over where kids dont play anymore, people dont send letters, people dont interact like they did.
Did he just do what everyone else wants to do, to be free?

SymbioticWithEarth

More than a feeling -

Postby SymbioticWithEarth » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:48 pm

We are ALL born to be one with our environment the way it was and the way it should always be - never clouded with the beliefs of the brain washed plastic robotic-like inhabitants of these out of control and over populated cities around the world - Our minds , deep inside all of our minds there are very strong urges to be one with the earth , to be a part of something beyond the norm , way beyond our simple understanding of what should be as explained by the ignorant but determined fool - Give me the beautiful world and I will give you my soul , unlock the prison door of your spiritual self and see without restriction exactly how unimportant the type of automobile you own is , I personally care less how many square feet your home is , how big your savings account is , the type of clothes you are wearing or what university you have attended - I stood over the Grand Canyon , I stood over the Rocky Mountains , I have seen the redwoods and the remaining evidence of mother nature and her fury while staring over Mt St Helens - CJM was closer than anyone I have ever met or spoke with to understanding and having a personal relationship with Earth , I am certain he knew of things that made him live his life as he had no choice but to do the right thing ....... His thing - I feel very close to Chris and I never met the man in my entire life. My heart goes out not to Chris , and I feel he would agree with this , but to those who do not nor are able to recognize that we have but a split second to breathe in every beautiful and spiritual wonder in our world - And I pity those who waste it. Chris J McCandless , I know you are still out there living your life as one of the most powerful forms of energy continuing to look over the wonders of this world ! I will join you one day -

JesusIsLove777

Re: Chris just wanted to be free

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:41 am

"symbiotic with earth", thats a hell of an insight you got there! haha as a 21 year old vagabonder, i fully agree!

great thoughts! :)

Return to “Discussions on Chris”