Was chris christian?

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
driley14

Re: Was chris christian?

Postby driley14 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:29 pm

I honestly believe that McCandless was a Christian. From my point of view I see that he valued life and wanted to explore gods magical wonders of the earth. I think that it is not mentioned in the book because Krakauer did not want to start much controversy over the matter of his religious side. I do not think that Chris was a die hard christian but i do believe that he believed in god. I think he would have gone insane if it were not for some kind of spiritual guidance along his way to Alaska.

conner95

Postby conner95 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:32 pm

What does it matter? And if he was not, that would not change the meaning of a story. He does end up saying God bless in the end, while that is a common saying I would have to assume he was. The journey he took had nothing to do with religion. In fact, his idea was quite transcendentalist, most transcendentalists believe religion is pointless. If chris was a transcendentalist than no, he was not. He probably didnt believe in god. [quote="freeSpirit" being atheist or a believer both requires lots of faith, some more than others i guess[/quote] This took the words right out of my mouth. His journey was a spiritual one, that does not make it religous. He wanted to explore himself, nature, prove himself. While all of this is speculation, it is what i believe.

kingdomdayz777

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:02 am

driley14 wrote:I honestly believe that McCandless was a Christian. From my point of view I see that he valued life and wanted to explore gods magical wonders of the earth. I think that it is not mentioned in the book because Krakauer did not want to start much controversy over the matter of his religious side. I do not think that Chris was a die hard christian but i do believe that he believed in god. I think he would have gone insane if it were not for some kind of spiritual guidance along his way to Alaska.
conner95 wrote:What does it matter? And if he was not, that would not change the meaning of a story. He does end up saying God bless in the end, while that is a common saying I would have to assume he was. The journey he took had nothing to do with religion. In fact, his idea was quite transcendentalist, most transcendentalists believe religion is pointless. If chris was a transcendentalist than no, he was not. He probably didnt believe in god. [quote="freeSpirit" being atheist or a believer both requires lots of faith, some more than others i guess
This took the words right out of my mouth. His journey was a spiritual one, that does not make it religous. He wanted to explore himself, nature, prove himself. While all of this is speculation, it is what i believe.[/quote]

you guys nailed it!! i definitely, personally, feel the Spirit of God moving when i am in nature. and almost anyone would, out in nature, alone for as LONG as Chris was, HAD TO HAVE HAD at least SOME Spiritual guidance or Spirit guiding his path. i believed Chris' destiny was to die in that bus. look how many people who know his story NOW!!

imagine him surviving.. NONE of us would know his story!! it has changed so many lives; definitely is mission on earth (its cool, he's partying with the King.. i hope :/ ) for real tho, i'm not sure Chris really actually met Leonard (salvation mountain guy), but if he did, he very well could have had an impact on Chris. :)... he lets Chris know about Jesus soon before he dies just in the knick of time; Chris lives his life, lives the dream, he lives forever in paradise with the King, fulfilled his purpose and you got work baby!! ) sorry haha :) i believe it could happen, assuming Chris actually met leonard in real life. real recognize real mayne :) hahaha

his life was an unknown sacrifice that would save many years later! of course many don't believe that on here i think..

anyone care to elaborate??:)

peace and One Love :)

kingdomdayz777

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:37 pm

.. and in "back to the wild", confirmed by "goNorth" on these boards recently, that Chris DID in fact meet Leonard and Salvation Mountain; that is huge in my opinion. the difference between life and death, purpose and aimlessness.

anyways, it definitely makes it all the more probable that Chris turned to Jesus in hard times. opened up the proverbial door to the Unseen World :)

totally rad in my opinion. it was Fate that chris met leonard, saw the love of Jesus in this mans clay mountain of Love, and then in hard times alone in the bus, chris realized he was never alone, and that God has aplan for his life.. pretty hardcore :) love it hahaha but its all speculation, unless we ask leonard himself :)

mike kramer

Postby mike kramer » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Chris my have been against religion but he wasnt against God. Only he and God know if he was a christian. As for he being in heaven. I would say yes cause we all Go there thru what christ did on the cross. We must remember that while we were still SINNERS Christ died for us. He did not die for the Godly but for the unGodly. If man is not saved in this life , he will be saved in the next . All us humans will be saved in the end. 1 tim 2:4 God WILL have ALL humanity saved!!!!!!

kingdomdayz777

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:33 pm

mike kramer wrote:Chris my have been against religion but he wasnt against God. Only he and God know if he was a christian. As for he being in heaven. I would say yes cause we all Go there thru what christ did on the cross. We must remember that while we were still SINNERS Christ died for us. He did not die for the Godly but for the unGodly. If man is not saved in this life , he will be saved in the next . All us humans will be saved in the end. 1 tim 2:4 God WILL have ALL humanity saved!!!!!!

i would have to disagree mike; in thats scripture you posted, it says that God WANT everyone to be saved. God is a just judge. He IS love, yes, but Jesus also is a God of justice. those who reject the love of the Cross will be subjected to eternal separation of God. God does not make robots; He will NOT force us to love Him because it wouldn't be genuine love; in God sending His beloved Jesus, He showed us the greatest love of all time forever.

it's a shame we reject this beauty.. religion and satan have hijacked so many lives, living in division and pride.

on the same token, God did NOT create hell for humans; he created it for satan and his demons.

One Love :D

Return to “Discussions on Chris”