Was chris christian?

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
JesusIsLove777

Was chris christian?

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:47 pm

was Chris christian?
Last edited by JesusIsLove777 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ger87

Re: Is Chris In Heaven??

Postby Ger87 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Is the afterlife real? Certainly not in my opinion.
Although your value's are admirable, to pin them to a saviour is wrong(again in my opinion). I live a fearless, passionate and loving life true many things but God certainly isn't one of them. I live this way through my family and the people I can truly call my friends.
I live my life like this because I know I'm not going to get another chance at it, because when I'm dead I'm dead.
I'm not a satanist myself but an atheist, which for myself gives me a broader appreciation of the life around even naturally regressive life like that of cities.
I think your a little bit crazy, but don't let that get you down all the best people are, including myself.

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:45 am

i respect you! but i find it, personally, real tough to live fully fearless, without Jesus at my side, leading the way... i mean if you were on your deathbed, about to die in minutes.. and since nobody whose atheist knows 100% for sure that God and Heaven isn't real.. i would be hard pressed to believe that you wouldn't agree to maybe start believing or at least consider it.. haha!

but yeah i respect Atheists a hell of a lot more than conformist "agnostics" or people who just believe in God because religion and "church" say its okay, and being Atheist is taboo... i hate that!

hahah but yeah man atheists and me tend to have a lot more in common with "christians" who are religious, because i am turned off by religion as much as the atheists are!

:D

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:19 am

I consider myself agnostic, because I don't know what to call me.

I can not, and will not follow any organized religion. Not anytime soon that I can see. I see too much hate, so much evil in the name of God, and Jesus, I just can't fathom how people think it's right to do.

Is there a God? Who knows? Maybe there is one, maybe there are many, maybe it's something we can't even imagine. I do, sometimes, feel as if there is a force in some things. Into the Wild being the biggest one. In my darkest hours, when life was unbearable, I found this movie... or, in fact, the movie found me.

It enlightened me about much. About me, life, and so much more. Since then I've been far more open to the universe's suggestions. Whether one calls it coincidence, God, Buddha, what have you. I'm trying my best to listen, stop, wait, think, go with the flow aa bit more. Not force things, you know?

On an unrelated note, I always found it funny that people rip on Satanists so much. Every religion has a right to be. As long as it doesn't go into hurting/killing people or animals, I don't really caare if you believe in a Twinkie.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:08 am

you can't blame God for all that shit that humans do.. and God has nothing to do with religion... like i said, religion is a scam to keep us out of relationship, a spirit to Spirit relationship with our Savior Jesus.. not same phony rituals that do nothing but keep us controlled.. its all about control with religion..

Christ is about true freedom :)

anyways, i respect ya either way bro.. :)

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:10 pm

No no, I get that. I consider myself spiritual, in a sense, it's just anything within the realm of organized religion gives me the creeps. They just all seem to be about collecting money, oppressing people, etc.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

Ger87

Re: Was chris christian?

Postby Ger87 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Yeah atheists don't know if god exists.
But believers don't know either. Maybe when i'm on my death bed I'll change my mind but until then il stick with atheism.

And just to avoid having to turn to god on my death bed, lets hope that my death is quick enough that i don't have to change my mind. Perhaps a truck would do me the justice.

Was just gonna say i'd best not tempt faith, but i dont believe in faith either. Damn this atheism's getting hard to follow. :D

freeSpirit

Postby freeSpirit » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:00 pm

haha
Ger87 wrote:
Was just gonna say i'd best not tempt faith, but i dont believe in faith either. Damn this atheism's getting hard to follow. :D

hahahaha! being atheist or a believer both requires lots of faith, some more than others i guess and you said that you hope your death is quick enough so you don't have to bother with "turning to god". is it religion you are turned off by? if so (probably), your not alone, i hate religion too. but i don't know how wise it is to blame god for religion. if you are afraid of dying or whatever, i would at least, because i care for you, to research both sides of the existence of god, and come up with your own solution based on the evidence that points to either way.

personally, i do believe in a supernatural creator (and jesus), i however, do Not believe in religion and think it is just put there to condition people into all the rituals/dogma of it all, and then thinking they are being a "christian." not to mention all the corrupt acts going on. basically i would never trust religion or ever go to any religious church, ever.

stay farrrrrrrrr away.. but yeah cool post! :)

Ger87

Postby Ger87 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:05 am

Yes I hate religion, but only because of man. I just flat out don't believe in god. I might be wrong and am open to the idea if it can be proven, just not a blind faith kind of guy.

And how could I blame god from what I read he's such a swell guy. :lol:

Footloose

Postby Footloose » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:15 am

Religion (in my opinion) is merely a means of social control and directing behaviour. Although, it is also a great business scheme (you know, if you're not morally against taking advantage of people's gullibility in times of despair)! Even though it may seem so, I am not so much against the idea religion but what man has done with it, i.e. justifying murder, war, genocide, rape, slavery, etc... After all, false-hope is still a form of hope, and I can hardly blame people for seeking comfort from such means just as I cannot blame a grieving widow for seeking comfort from other fraudulent means, such as a psychic. I sorry for my painfully blunt answer, but no, I would assume that chris was far too intelligent to promote such malarky... *Waits for insults from ignorant christians who will not entitle me to my own opinion...*
I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche here: “A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.” :)
If atoms and particles behave in probabilistic ways, and our mind is made of atoms and particles, then how can free will exist?

Return to “Discussions on Chris”