Did Chris hate people?

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
iggypoprhcp

Did Chris hate people?

Postby iggypoprhcp » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:43 am

Or just his parents? I was wondering this because it seems he was a very sociable person and I wouldn't expect a social person to do something like he did.

peter force

Re: Did Chris hate people?

Postby peter force » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:01 am

i didnt know him personally but i would guess no.

Tacdriver

Postby Tacdriver » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:10 pm

i thnk he just hated the situation he was in

Magic Bus Girl

Postby Magic Bus Girl » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:17 pm

The stranger's he met, & we met thru the movie, loved him at face value. His Parents who had him 20+ years, did not seem to express an over all loving quality towards Him ... He went out & found "His People". The people capable of sharing His & Their, happiness with!

gabbylh

Postby gabbylh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:36 pm

I agree with Magic Bus Girl I think he was just looking for his own people and didn't get along with his parents, not that he hated people entirely. His realization of his need for human connection is obvious with "happiness only real when shared."

jean-guy5

Postby jean-guy5 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:51 pm

personnaly, i don't believe his journey was ignite by any kind of hatred,and it probably had nothing to do with his family neither,
the intense need and will to go away,somewhere,anywhere,everywhere,is fueled by a need to fullfill,not a need to punish,
the fact that he gave no sign of life to his family is not unsual,just ask anyone who went on that type of journey,
your just sick and tired of the way people surrounding you are leading their lives,telling you how to live your own,
not sick and tired of the people surrounding you.if anything, the things he hated where probably money and material belonging,
and the primary place it takes in a lot of people values.

S.Savi

Postby S.Savi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:29 am

Chris did not hate people

Long Travler

Postby Long Travler » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:01 pm

Yeah, I do agree that he did not "hate" people. He was just sick of society. He wanted to go out into the wild to be cleansed of every day life. That is just my opinion though.

Litgirl

Postby Litgirl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Speaking as a child of dysfunctional parents I can tell you that children can be very hard on their parents. I had huge issues with my parents till I had a child of my own. I realized then, that just becase a person has a child, that doesn't make them pefect. A parent has their own life to live- mistakes and all. Even though a child might witness some unsavoy things, that doesn't mean a parent loves them any less. people are people, mistakes and all. I feel the utmost sympathy for Chris's parents because I am sure they loved him like a parent does, but they were living their lives-mistakes and all. Had Chiris had the opportunity to live a little longer, he might have had the chance to realize that.
I do understnd his feelings, and I have the utmost respect for him.

ryan0429

Postby ryan0429 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:38 pm

I think he just wanted to get away from things...His idea was simple and pure, I guess. I also like the feeling of getting away, form the place I live and people I know throuth I dont hate them at all. I just want to release myself as Christ did.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”