the man who touched the world

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
jean-guy5

the man who touched the world

Postby jean-guy5 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:17 pm

there's one thing that can be learn from this man's journey. Being born couples of months earlier than he was,i do relate to the era and the inner feelings of having to let go of all that's there for you, given to you by your parents, and just go away, somewhere, anywhere, in search of something not clear, not tangible, but knowing all the way that it was the rigth thing to do. it's an emptyness inside that push you forward on your journey, you just need to find a meaning for all that you do, something more to life than just fitting in society. we will never know everything about him, his inner findings and what he would say now of all this,but one thing is for sure; by following his conviction,even doe he was an ordinary man, doing nothing out of the ordinary, just following a lonely path toward his own truth,just by being in touch with himself, this man has touched the world,and everyone of us who do feel genuine emotions toward this man's life , positive or not, should be thankfull to him, to his free spirit, for he leaves behind a great lesson of life,even do he died so young,he did accomplish a lot. His story,(Penn's movie) was brougth to us at the rigth time; the widespread users of the internet and the worldnews coverage of today,are shrinking this planet so fast now, the other end of the world is basically in our backyard. 15-20 years ago his story migth have never come to our ears.it is true that "happiness only real when shared", it's something that i have learned by myself,over the years,not that long ago,and i do remember the moment i realised it,every second of it,this realization of why i had this inner emptyness,at certain times in my life, even doe i was happy, that it was because there was no one to share it with at these moments,and i was fortunate enough to realise this at a time when i was involve,double knowing that i was truly living genuine happyness. what amazes me,about this man, is to know that he realized that at a very young age,all by himself,following his own conviction. and what touches me is that he never had the chance to come back from the wild and share his own happyness with anyone.
happyness is not something that you can teach, it's something that you learn, and i just wished he had learned it in a gentler way,not loosing his life to it,( then we would have probably never heard of him...)
follow your conviction is one thing that can be learned here,by doing so you will find your path,and you migth touch the world, change the world,for this is what christopher did, he did touch me ,he did made a change in me,even doe we never met,even doe he didn't intend to do so.i answered the same call he did,i followed a similar path,i went far and wide,and i came back to everyday life relatively unarmed, never really realizing the dangerous journey i faced,it never occured to me afterward that i could have died doing so,my reminescence of that phase was that i lived life to the fullest.
what this man changed in me is the realization that it is now,
in everyday life,that my life is lived to the fullest,
with my loved ones,
thank you man

Return to “Discussions on Chris”