Role Model

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
artzfirst96

Role Model

Postby artzfirst96 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:10 am

We just finished reading this novel in class, and it was one of the most...confusing yet inspiring stories I've ever read. To think, here is a young man who practically has everything: a college degree, money, a loving family, his own car. He simply throws it all away to find his own true adventure in life, to me that is inspiring. I don't know if I could ever have the strength to do that, but it doesn't mean I haven't thought about it. Granted, I wouldn't burn my money or get rid of my identity, I would just go off on some cross country extravaganza to try to determine what really is important in my life. All in all, though, Christopher McCandless can be classified as many names, but "role model" should be one of them.

jlawson

Re: Role Model

Postby jlawson » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:41 pm

Well said! Truly inspirational and courageous.

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:57 am

very nice man, are you in high school?? don't be afraid to follow your dreams. so many people let fear control their lives and let it ruin it as well. Dont give up on your dreams, and never forget that people matter more than anything we SEE in this life! :D

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:05 am

I totally agree! always keep what you truly want in focus, live your life as fully as possible but don't forget the people who are most important! i think the secret is to balance both sides, :-)

Return to “Discussions on Chris”