Was Chris a Christian?

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
naturelover24

Was Chris a Christian?

Postby naturelover24 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:34 pm

in the movie he visits the guy at Salvation Mountain, the old guy who loves JESUS. and then he says "thank the LORD and my God bless all!" I think by the time chris died, he realized what life is about. not his own selfish ambitions, but about living to serve God and others through our passions. and he didnt know it at the time, but he has saved so many people (like Christ) from setting themselves up for a predictable, passionless life in the job world, and to pursue dreams of traveling and adventure! any thoughts?? agree or disagree?

naturelover24

Re: Was Chris a Christian?

Postby naturelover24 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:45 am

any thoughts anyone??

inspiredbychris

Postby inspiredbychris » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:13 pm

He never occurred to me to be much of a religious man - probably only as far as to be thankful for the gift of life. But I wouldn't go so far as to say he realized life was about serving God. Chris seemed to be more about serving himself, but not in a selfish way.

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:37 am

following Jesus isnt religion.. religion is some man made bullshi* to undermine what Jesus really DID do, and is doing in lives all over the world today. religion goes against everything god stands for; creates division and bastardizes what the true church was supposed to be, not some formulaic, routine shit :D

but yes i do think by the end of the road when chris was about to die, he felt blessed and thanked God for giving him such a good life. I DO believe he is in heaven with God :D

Return to “Discussions on Chris”