He's not Jesus

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
bobenns

Re: He's not Jesus

Postby bobenns » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:48 am

A little off topic but interesting.

There are a number of historical Messiahs with many significant parallels to Christ, particularly born of a virgin on Dec 25.

Check out this list.

http://paganizingfaithofyeshua.netfirms.com/parallels_chart.htm

There is actually a fair body of information about these very similar myths.
Keep an open mind.
There is no greater scripture than nature, for nature is life itself.

jlevasseur06

Postby jlevasseur06 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:48 am

Correct, he was just a man. The remarkable thing about him was that he was a very rare human being.
He was one of the only individuals in our society who really lived. The rest of us are stuck in what we
think are real, worth while lives. We are all just playing a game. We do so much during our lives that means
absolutely nothing. We compete, day after day, after day. We compete at work, school, driving our cars. We
compete with our neighbors over who has the greenest grass with the fewest weeds. We compete to know
where we fit in this society. You know your place based on the size of your house, the car you drive, how much
your job pays. I pray for the day I can stop competing. The day I do things just for the pure experience of doing them.
I will admit I do not totally agree with everything Chris did. Mostly because I'm a dad who would be destroyed if my
boy left and never came home. I have come to some understanding on why Chris did what he did. Those he loved could
not understand what he knew real living to be. They were engrossed in the competitions of our society. They would never
allow him to be really free and really alive, so he had to let that part of him go.
So yes, he is not Jesus. He is someone to be used as an example of how to experience life though. Because when you come down to it,
experiences are the only things that are truly yours. Houses, money, cars.... God takes them all back someday.

God bless you Chris.

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:45 pm

there ya go "jlevasseur06"!! finally someone gets the point! In my opinion, when you get down to it, stripping all of it down the the bare-bone details of True Life, the only things that matter are God- The creator of the Universe, your peers and those around you, and your passions. those things WILL last forever, not cars money or your empty career. relationships are built on earth to bring into Heaven, we are Training For Utopia (heaven)

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Fri May 20, 2011 5:54 pm

any other thoughts on Chris vs jesus, and peoples interpretation of chris as a savior type figure?? (fyi, i think chris saved my life, to an extent; i love jesus as well!)

Return to “Discussions on Chris”