Who is doing what chris did??

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
JesusIsLove777

Re: Who is doing what chris did??

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:55 pm

ERICHALFACRE... good point bro! Jesus indeed was a hippie haha... and FYI living for Jesus isn't a religion. religion is some fucked up concept that replaces the true relationship with God.. just sayin bro haha but no worries i follow Christ so it's all good :) love y'all

GoNorth

Postby GoNorth » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:29 am

I also agree in general with what Aron and Erik wrote (except the stuff about Jesus). But that's just because I am, we are, not Chris. He had his own notion of adventure and freedom. We have ours, I mean each of us an individual one. Sometimes partly similar to Chris's, perhaps, but still different.
So we should try to live our own dreams, create our own "adventures" (an adventure trip for one may mean a very normal day for another), if we like, and take risks only at a degree that seems acceptable for us personally. Find our own path, our own "MAGIC ... whatever".
If this had been meant by "Who is doing what Chris did?", I'd say: This is really something everyone should do. However, it's so hard to put into practice, really. Much harder than just following the path of someone else.

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:42 pm

GoNorth, i definitely agree with your post. im sure most of us would love to have the impact on our world that chris did; he's more present and relevant now in the world then when he was alive! haha crazyness but yes, we should not try and replicate Chris' life, but draw inspiration from his life, and apply to it to our own unique life. BLISS!

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:44 pm

and Erik, that Jesus reference rules man! i'm sure if any of us spent 40 days in the wilderness. Wait, let me rephrase, in the wilderness and NOT leaving it and returning every now and then... 40 days would be such a sweet spiritual and physical experience. sweet reference bro! :D

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:07 am

Hmmm all i can say is take inspiration from Chris by all means! but just think of the possibilities of your own travels, so do it, get out there in the way you want! you don't have to be in the wilds of the bush to be free. . . just out there anywhere! happy and safe traveling everybody!

Lira

Postby Lira » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:59 pm

I think that Chris is great example of someone who can inspire people, but we're not like Chris. We all have different backgrounds, different lives... We can't be like Chris, but we can go somewhere, to find our own freedom. It's not like freedom is hanging in Alaska. It's deep inside of everyone of us, we just have to find our own way to feel free. And for me, the best way to find it, is to travel around, with or without map. Definitely without big plans or expectations. To see the world. I think that this kind of lifestyle can be great, but we have to make it, because we want it, not because we want to be a copy of someone else. Anyway... I would be really happy, if here's someone who's doing something like that, since I'm writing a paper about Chris and people who choose to live different lifestyle than ˝normal˝ people.

GoNorth

Postby GoNorth » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:39 am

Lira wrote: I think that this kind of lifestyle can be great, but we have to make it, because we want it, not because we want to be a copy of someone else.

Absolutely!
I'm however looking forward to seeing Alaska - not the bus ;) , but the state in general - because it's been a dream for so long.

erikhalfacre

Postby erikhalfacre » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:22 pm

By the way, anyone headed to AK, feel free to hit me up and I'll tell you about some stuff worth checking out beside the bus. Alaska has a ton to offer but a lot of the best stuff is not spelled out in tourist books/brochures.

Oh... and also: Freedom IS hanging in Alaska Lira. :p Seriously though, there is absolutely nothing else in the United States that comes close to the vastness of Alaska.
Erik Halfacre - Moderator
info@pathfinderalaska.com
http://www.stampedetrail.info

Footloose

Postby Footloose » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:02 pm

Hey naturelover24, I am 18 and have lived the last 2 years of my life as a leather tramp hitching around Australia. Living a nomadic lifestyle has always exited me and I can think of no worse fate than having a secure future... I want to strongly encourage you to undertake this life, for each day a new and different sun. You will not regret it! Find yourself and escape this soul-draining, conformist society and there is no place like the road to find like-minded people. You will find that as you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness... Do not try escape the inevitable any longer, just do it man. Who cares what 'the suits' think
If atoms and particles behave in probabilistic ways, and our mind is made of atoms and particles, then how can free will exist?

Susanna

Postby Susanna » Sun May 06, 2012 10:01 pm

I'm 18 and in my second years of VGS (norwegian high school) I'm not doing well in school and i have 1 more year. My parents believe that one day I'll just suddenly get really good in school and become something important and earn a lot of money (and that's the only thing that is important obviously to them). I just want to drop out of school travel and live a happy life not some life with a desk and a computer dying slowly. So yeah I wish to do something similar to Chris travel the world, but i just want to travel with someone, after all Chris did share some great wisdom with us “Happiness is not real unless it is shared.” But yeah I just really want to live, see the world, the beauty and the nature old architecture and so much more!!!

Return to “Discussions on Chris”