Who is doing what chris did??

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
naturelover24

Who is doing what chris did??

Postby naturelover24 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:25 am

a lotta people, myself included, dream of doing what chris did, but have yet to do it. who hasnt done it and wants to? im in my early 20s and male, we should hit the road! :D

naturelover24

Re: Who is doing what chris did??

Postby naturelover24 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:38 pm

anybody? :D

cmiamt2010

Postby cmiamt2010 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Ever since watching the movie and listening to the audiobook version by Jon Krakauer. Every time I spot someone who is looks destitute but sports a backpack I cannot help wonder where that individual has been, and wonder if he has ever heard of Christopher. Maybe that's why some people are bitter at Chris because he had the courage and conviction to follow his heart's desire.

naturelover24

Postby naturelover24 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:41 pm

yeah MAN YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! holy crap! thats exactly why! like people who are middle aged, in a business job are haters toward Chris because they regret not following their dreams, and when they see chris, or someone like him, they say "oh hes stupid, what does he/she know?" but yeah, no matter how much money you make, or how much security you have, EVERYONE regrets not following their dreams and doing what society tells you to do. Brainwashed i tell ya! GREAT IDEAS THOUGH!! :D

Damiano

Postby Damiano » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:11 pm

I loved his story and saw so many simmilars between me and Chris. Now I started to plan this kind of adventure. I want to feel freedom, I want to get to know myself and I want to get to know the world. I'm almost 26 and I'm a little bit scarry that I'm getting old. I don't want to get old and regret that I didn't do this becouse I really desire it! Maybe it wouldn't be my way but I want to check it, not waiting. I hate when people think only about money and position in society. I think that the most valuable thik that we have is our heart and love that we can share. If I stay in this world I would have to think like this world - so if I don't want to think like most of people I must change my life.
I don't judge which way is better. It's all about what do you fell in your heart and go after it. Now in my heart is that desire to take a backpack and go to a simpler way of living and I want to try it.
“Reality can destroy the dream. Why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?” George Moore

inspiredbychris

Postby inspiredbychris » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:17 pm

I'm 18 and female and absolutely want to follow my uncontrollable need to travel, as Chris did. I'm a university student at the moment but am planning to take trips during the summer and breaks. Like Chris, I can't see myself in a conventional job with a bleak future - I have this terrible urge, these incessantly itchy feet that keep me moving from place to place, I can barely see the future six months from now, much less four years when I graduate. I don't want my future mapped out for me. As Chris said, "Nothing is more dangerous to an adventurous spirit than a secure future."

Damiano

Postby Damiano » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:24 pm

So as you're saying - for now you can take trips during the summer and every free time that you will have.
Two weeks ago I was in mountain just for a weekend and it gave me so much happiness and relax. Just two days but I needed it very much. Of course when I was alone on the trail I was thinking about Alex's trip.

I can't wait to start my journey :)

Regards from Poland!
“Reality can destroy the dream. Why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?” George Moore

CNUanMan

Postby CNUanMan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:30 am

You have no idea how much I want to do this. I'm a junior in college, and looking at my future with a secure career path and the same familiar locations as always just freaks me out. I feel like I just need to see what's out there and just live.

Damiano

Postby Damiano » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Last night I've had a conversaion with a girl whom I just met, that we don't know how long we will gonna live i we must do what give us happiness and don't look what society wants - it's our live. In todays world we do everything as we were programmed (have to go to school, have to study, have to get a good paid job, have to buy a hause, have to.. have to.. have to). Not many people go another path, making their dreams come true.
I think if we want to be happy we must do things which are hide in our hearts not what we have to.
;)

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:33 am

~SS
Last edited by SteveSalmon on Thu May 03, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”