IS THERE MORE TO THE CHRISTOPHER MCCANDLESS STORY???

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
ellisd

Re: IS THERE MORE TO THE CHRISTOPHER MCCANDLESS STORY???

Postby ellisd » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:05 pm

wow, now that was a great link!! never seen those pictures, thanks so much for sharing that.

madmaxx1221

Postby madmaxx1221 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:49 am

GoNorth wrote:@ellisd: Some time ago I stumbled across this article including some pictures taken in the bus in 1993: http://packrafting.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html
I suppose that most of these things are not there any longer.

Wow good find GoNorth. Seeing these pictures gets me that much more excited for the New Book

Thank you for sharing

ellisd

Postby ellisd » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:53 pm

I think I may have found a good source of info on questions that may have yet gone un-answered. It's my understanding that Dermot Cole has alot of knowledge of the CM story. He was interviewed in the call of the wild doc. and also wrote the report of which we found out what happened to the backpack that will forsberg found. if he is nice and helpful as he seems in the film, I bet theres a good chance he would respond to an email or phone call on the subject. Dermot Cole can be reached at cole@newsminer.com or (907) 459-7530.

User1

Postby User1 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:26 pm

SteveSalmon wrote: This was a mysterious death from the start. For all they knew it could have been a body that was placed there.

I just got finished reading this 5 page thread, I can say that I myself was interrupting the message here as Chris's death was more than case of self starvation in the wilderness. With comments like the one above, you can see why some people are interrupting that in your message. Granted you have somewhat backed off this idea, but early in the thread it was there.

One thing I wish someone could point me to is a map with all the items laid out on it. Such as the trail Chris most likely took, the cabins in question, the hand tram, of course the bus, the area Chris most likely explored for wood and food, the road where Chris was dropped off, etc., etc..

Another thing I've yet to read is since some speculated that Chris may have had a shoulder injury. Has anyone examined the hand writing style of Chris for any obvious changes in his handwriting because of this injury? He was right-handed so I would think there would be something.

Alot of good info here and a really good discussion. I've enjoyed reading up on the links provided. I really don't understand why there was the tiff with Ascetic. Seems like it was an over reaction, but I haven't been here long enough to pick up the members' quirkiness. I still consider myself a bit of noob on the board and the subject of Chris's journey, but I'm catching up! :lol:

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:24 am

~SS
Last edited by SteveSalmon on Thu May 03, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellisd

Postby ellisd » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:12 am

SteveSalmon wrote:-You're asking for a map and if you do your homework, you can clearly figure it out or map out all these things you seem to think you need. Read the book, watch the movie, watch the documentary, watch some videos, read some articles, and then come back and type your two cents. Asking for something like where the bus is and what trail Chris took makes you look like an asshole. Do you understand what forum you're on? This isn't yahoo chat, this is a forum for those of us dedicated to this story and with a clear understanding of things you obviously need to go figure out. Honestly, who asks for a map of "where Chris was dropped off"?

I have to agree with steve, I am more than willing to help anyone research answers any questions about chris and his adventures, but show a little initiative with your questions, do a quick google or youtube search and 9 out of 10 times your answer will be on the first page of search results. And if it's not, I'd be glad to help root around for what your looking for ;)

And as far as this "Ascetic" guy goes, he apparently didn't realize what the thread topic is really about. He read too far into the ideas and theories alot of us were trading with eachother. And liked steve said, he pulled some really stupid crap and was certainly called on it.

Really though, i'm not trying to come off and sound like a jerk and a expert on chris and his story- I am neither of those. But most of us on the board feel pretty strongly about chris, his life, adventures etc. We agree alot on the same views he had and even if some don't, they atleast admire them.

User1

Postby User1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:37 am

SteveSalmon wrote:-Ok you keep using the word interrupting and Im not sure what you're are trying to say.

Holly s***!!! You expect for someone to have confidence in you solving this "mystery" when you can't even figure out that I meant to say "interpreting" instead of "interrupting"? Look at my sentence above, "With comments like the one above, you can see why some people are interrupting that in your message." You can't draw the conclusion that I failed to put in the correct word? And don't even start with the grammar police crap cause I've seen plenty of ammo here. ;)

SteveSalmon wrote: I haven't "backed" off any idea, it's all there as "what if scenarios".

So at the top of page two you aren't backing up a bit?

SteveSalmon wrote:-You're asking for a map and if you do your homework, you can clearly figure it out or map out all these things you seem to think you need. Read the book, watch the movie, watch the documentary, watch some videos, read some articles, and then come back and type your two cents.

Read the book - still waiting for an answer posted on the book before I get the book. Been waiting since 12/26.
watch the movie - done
watch the documentary - done
watch some videos - done
read some articles - done
SteveSalmon wrote: Asking for something like where the bus is and what trail Chris took makes you look like an asshole.

I take that as a welcome User1! Well thank you! I can already feel the warm fuzziness here! Oh, and I was asking for a map with ALL the items I listed so one would know the lay out of everything. Hell anyone can Google the "magic bus" and find it! I'm wondering how ALL the items are laid out, get it?

SteveSalmon wrote:Do you understand what forum you're on? This isn't yahoo chat, this is a forum for those of us dedicated to this story and with a clear understanding of things you obviously need to go figure out.

Can I suggest you update the beginning of this thread? Where it is written "Please contribute any questions you may have. Feel free to offer the answer you feel belongs to the questions we have as well." You might want to follow it with a few more details. I would suggest adding after this sentence, "That is as long as you've read the book, watch the movie, watch the documentary, watch some videos, and read some articles. Then come back and type your two cents. And it better be something WE AGREE WITH! Cause if it isn't, just be ready for a nasty barrage! We don't care if you just signed up. You might as well GET THE F*** OUT NOW!!!!" If you need any more help than that, just let me know!
SteveSalmon wrote:By the way, my "quirkiness" is when dip shits come onto this forum and act like they know more than everyone else while at the same time making it crystal clear that they are full of shit and know nothing but how to type their valueless opinions.
~SS

Oh dude you sound like the PERFECT person to ask about this thread!

So can you tell me how you guys that believe that there's more to this than Chris dying of starvation differ from conspiracy theorists? I always thought that conspiracy theorists discuss other likely scenarios, no matter how bizarre they may sound, discuss minor figures in a story, and doubt and berate others that don't buy into what they are selling. Also they reject most likely scenarios cause somebody is out to get them, some shadowy figure or something like that. Oh and I guess there are some that follow one source of "knowledge" as the unquestionable truth, but those guys are just really out there! Know what I mean?

ellisd

Postby ellisd » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:49 pm

User1 wrote:Oh, and I was asking for a map with ALL the items I listed so one would know the lay out of everything. Hell anyone can Google the "magic bus" and find it! I'm wondering how ALL the items are laid out, get it?

try google earth, theres a map avail. that shows all his the places he's been with dates intact, also has a good Sat. photo's of the bus and the trail. also the USGS will have a topo. map of the trail and surrouding areas as well.

User1 wrote:So can you tell me how you guys that believe that there's more to this than Chris dying of starvation differ from conspiracy theorists? I always thought that conspiracy theorists discuss other likely scenarios, no matter how bizarre they may sound, discuss minor figures in a story, and doubt and berate others that don't buy into what they are selling. Also they reject most likely scenarios cause somebody is out to get them, some shadowy figure or something like that. Oh and I guess there are some that follow one source of "knowledge" as the unquestionable truth, but those guys are just really out there! Know what I mean?

Conspiracy Theorist I am Not, nor do I think most of the board memebers are aswell. Just because a few of us here talk about scenarios that might have or have not happened is no reason to get all pissy. if you don't like it, just move along :) and if you do like it, add something. i am always willing to see someone else side of a story.

And as far as what you said about "and it better be something we agree with.."
Really? come on now....the only one real person i seen to have the same thought, and sadly truly thinks that way most of the time is Ascetic.

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:45 pm

~SS
Last edited by SteveSalmon on Thu May 03, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:51 am

~SS
Last edited by SteveSalmon on Thu May 03, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”