IS THERE MORE TO THE CHRISTOPHER MCCANDLESS STORY???

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
User1

Re: IS THERE MORE TO THE CHRISTOPHER MCCANDLESS STORY???

Postby User1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:10 pm

ellisd wrote:So sad to see this taking place here. come on user1, if you can't respect any of the members, atleast repsect the fact that chris' parents come to the board occasionally and don't post such hate filled speech. really man if you don't like a thread or dont agree with something in it, either don't post at all or reply with dignity. no ones forcing any views on you, your the one who clicks and reads, no ones making you do that. look at the green header at the top on the page... it says "Into the Wild Forum - A place to discuss this great story" it DOES NOT say "Into the Wild Forum - Come here and bash people if they see things differently."

Maybe you need to go back and start reading after the FIRST post I made on this thread. After that, I'd like to see where I've posted this hate filled speech. I can help you as to where and who your message needs to be addressed to. After my first post on this thread, the FIRST post after mine, a certain individual calls me, an asshole, a dipshit, someone that's full of shit, and having a general lack of understanding on this story. AND THAT WAS JUST THE BEGINNING!!!! I would gladly point out the other parts of this certain individual's insults if you have a problem finding them. Like I said, point out where my hate filled speech is! And I'm totally speechless :shock: that this certain individual would act this way and carry on like this when he knows his parents come on here!

User1

Postby User1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:16 pm

SteveSalmon wrote:User1 - I have an idea, and it's perfect. Let's get together and talk about your dying birds. Yeah we can get together and then we'll see all of what you have to say, it will be great. I can tell you all about my theories and you can tell me all about your confusion. So there's your invite. Feel free to inbox me your chosen location to meet up and we can get this ball rolling! You're in Illinois right?

What, this thread is not good enough to discuss your theories about how Chris was murdered? Come on, you were so confident in how it went down and who the players were in this crime. What happened?

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:02 am

~SS
Last edited by SteveSalmon on Thu May 03, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

bobenns

Postby bobenns » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:20 am

Steve,
While you are making those maps would you mind reading the book into a recorder so I don't have to bother reading it!
Thanks in advance there bubba.
There is no greater scripture than nature, for nature is life itself.

bobenns

Postby bobenns » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:45 am

bobenns wrote:Steve,
While you are making those maps would you mind reading the book into a recorder so I don't have to bother reading it!
Thanks in advance there bubba.

Say, while you are at it can you also record those other long books with hard to pronounce big words in them that Chris liked to read. That would really make things a lot better for me.

Bob

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:50 pm

~SS
Last edited by SteveSalmon on Thu May 03, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User1

Postby User1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:57 am

ellisd wrote:So sad to see this taking place here. don't post such hate filled speech. really man if you don't like a thread or dont agree with something in it, either don't post at all or reply with dignity. Come here and bash people if they see things differently."
[edited post]

Come on ellisd, are people ever going to see what hell you're talking about?????

I pointed out NUMEROUS instances of "hate filled speech" regarding your buddy and his FIRST post directed at me right after my introductory post here. He's finally seeing some of the light about what an ass he was the last couple of pages. Seems like it's only right that I get put in my place too, right? Take your time bud. I ain't going anywhere, but it would nice to address this for others that maybe reading this. After all, I'm sure they wouldn't want to be in the same position right?

User1

Postby User1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:45 am

SteveSalmon wrote:Ok enough. Conspiracy theories, to me, are based on blaming the government etc. Im not into that kind of thinking.

Oh but it goes alot deeper than the nut jobs that accuse the government of some actions. Can I suggest read up what exactly "Conspiracy theories" are at wiki?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory
I was reading up on what Wiki had to say and I'm, "Hey, that's sounds exactly like SteveSalmon!"

Conspiracy theories are viewed with skepticism by scholars because they are rarely supported by any conclusive evidence and contrast with institutional analysis, which focuses on people's collective behavior in publicly known institutions, as recorded in scholarly material and mainstream media reports, to explain historical or current events, rather than speculate on the motives and actions of secretive coalitions of individuals.
There's plenty more that I could point out, but I'll leave it to you to discover.

And yeah, with quotes like the one below, all you're doing is fueling this conspiracy theory!
SteveSalmon wrote:This was a mysterious death from the start. For all they knew it could have been a body that was placed there.

Too bad your post that starts with "Ok enough." wasn't your first post after my introductory post. Instead of that stupid rant about me being an asshole, a dipshit, someone that's full of shit, and having a general lack of understanding on this story. It would have made you look alot more intelligent and you might have been given a little more credibility if you had the post above as your first post. But that's water under that bridge now.

Anyways I'd like to offer you the same offer I'm offering ellisd. Show me where I'm being a dipshit, someone that's full of shit or a having a general lack of knowledge about this story. BONUS points for showing where my "hate filled speech" is. You get this BONUS offer cause you made that accusation towards me too.

Oh and I'd be more than happy to point out where your dipshit posts are, where your assholiness posts lie, and your hate fill speech is located, if you need me to point it out to you.

(one thing I'm finding I'm not too crazy about is that users here can go back and be able to edit their posts. I really think that should be turned off after your post is a 1/2 hour old. )

bobenns

Postby bobenns » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:43 am

User1 wrote:
(one thing I'm finding I'm not too crazy about is that users here can go back and be able to edit their posts. I really think that should be turned off after your post is a 1/2 hour old. )

User 1
I'd say that this sentence probably is a good example of the problem at hand here. Steve caught on right away and he's had enough flack recently for it to set him off. You aren't going to get a lot of sympathy from the regulars because we all are very fond of Steve and his contribution here. I personally feel privileged to be part of this circle.

Its one thing to have an opinion, its quite another to jump in out of the blue in the middle of an ongoing discussion and start to make all sorts of demanding sounding remarks.
The edit thing for example, it has been here and worked just fine since the beginning, and who knows maybe a few have gone back and changed what they said out of malice. But if you quote them they can't change that.
Mostly I think people who have made changes were just correcting mistakes or adding more detail etc.

Sometimes people just jump in being all bossy and such and stir things up because of their own personality defects. They know who they are because they have a pattern of doing such things and quickly find themselves in the same boat over and over again.

I don't particularly agree with everything posted in this discussion or any other as a matter of fact, but I haven't gotten into any fights about anything either.

Some of us are here because we have found a common bond in our passion for this topic and we appreciate what others care to share on the topic, from their own perspective. We don't have to agree.

The guy who set this board up did it his own way for his own reasons and I'm willing to abide by his terms. The day I decide I don't like the way it works I'll just have to stop posting here.

User1, I would say try a little different tact and take part in the discussions. Just let it go and start over. Its actually very enjoyable to discuss in a friendly manner and I think you have something to add as well.

SteveSalmon

Postby SteveSalmon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:52 pm

~SS
Last edited by SteveSalmon on Thu May 03, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”