Where is the belt?!

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
Heyzay

Where is the belt?!

Postby Heyzay » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:36 am

Hey everyone,
Where is the belt that he made now?!

ellisd

Re: Where is the belt?!

Postby ellisd » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:51 am

i think his parents have it. i know one of the people involves in the new CM book, has done artwork from chris' own photo's, and belongings, including the belt. look her up, she is on facebook and has a website site aswell. all that info can be found on the official facebook page for the new book. the link to that is located on the main site. but like i said, i THINK his parents have it, unless they passed it to someone else, like how jim gallien gave chris' watch to the actor who played chris in the movie.

ellisd

Postby ellisd » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:56 am

what i would like to know is if his stuff is up there still, if it has been stolen etc. i read some articles of someone stealing the dashboard of the bus, and another of a person taking a piece of the mattress and trying to sell it on ebay. i see in alot of the videos people take in the bus, i notice items missing that were there in previous pictures and videos. his mended jeans, his boots, his iodine tablets, etc...i wonder who took them, since his parents, the police and jon krakauer left them there.im also not impressed with those articles of people stealing from and defacing the bus :|

bobenns

Postby bobenns » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:08 am

The bus may be a shrine to some. But to others its just a rusting old hulk laying out in the bush. Many different people go there for many different reasons. Some of the locals don't think much of Chris, the bus or anyone who comes to see it. Others visit from far away but will still smash windows, shoot holes and take or destroy anything they want.
If you recall the cabins in the area were all ransacked around the time that Chris was out there and some of the locals believe it was Chris. The fact is many people have access in winter via snowmobile, you can go anywhere fast on a snowmobile in mid winter. Rivers are frozen and the ground is covered in deep snow. Many others go out on ATVs and 4X4s in summer and can cross the rivers etc.
I wouldn't be surprised if someday it was reported that everything at the bus was burned or destroyed by some vandal.
Unfortunately there are people like that. Idiots.
There is no greater scripture than nature, for nature is life itself.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”