My connection

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
Em23

My connection

Postby Em23 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:09 am

My name is Elise. I’m most likely one of the youngest people on this forum... I was required by my teacher to read into the wild. I didn’t feel anything when I first read it. But as I got farther into the book, i started to picture him and imagine his smile and him speaking the words from the book. I watched the movie as well and I couldn’t stop crying. I don’t think I’ve ever cried that much in any movie ever. I watched it 6 hours ago and I still feel as though my heart is heavy. I don’t know why I felt so sad. I didn’t cry like this with the Diary of Anne Frank.

I haven’t spoken to my cousin in ten years. Since I was seven. He doesn’t speak to his family anymore and no one knew where he was. Apparently he lived in Australia in an RV for a few years doing God knows what. He was like Chris from what I can remember, very lively. I also think of my male friends and my ex boyfriend who are so reckless and impulsive; some want to go sky diving and others text me while speeding. I’ve always loved nature myself, sometimes i just sit outside and breathe. I hate rules, i argue with my parents and I love to explore. I could sit by myself staring at the stars for hours. So I could see a little bit of myself in him. I just see Chris as any other guy, but he was youthful and stubborn and adventurous. I hate that I feel so connected to it, I can’t stop thinking about it. Just the fact that he had to die alone feels like its eating away at me... for someone who thought he needed no one he always came back to the people he loved even if it wasn’t his own family. Just for love.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”