About Chris’s family.

Here you can discuss anything related to Christopher McCandless.
Yati

About Chris’s family.

Postby Yati » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:21 am

I watched the movie last night for the first time. I was born in the same year as Chris, and in 1991 I gave away my things and went to Thailand to be a Buddhist monk, with no plans on returning. Getting away from my family (many parallels to Chris’s family it would seem) is a complicated thread of my history as well. My family situation is eerily similar to Chris, and my all star brother, a kindred spirit to Chris in his own way, killed himself in 2013, a year after which I decided to leave the Monastery.

All this to say I feel so deeply for the loss of Chris’s family, and though it has been so long now, what remains true is that as a family unit, though there may have been mistakes as there always are in families, SOMETHING went extraordinarily right in that family to have raised a being like Chris to live in this world the way he did. He had a noble heart and courageous spirit, and that doesn’t come from nowhere.

Chris and his life is deeply inspiring to me, and my love and thanks go out to his parents and Sister and all those who helped make him who he was.

Does anyone know where we can download a high resolution picture of Chris? I would love to have his picture in my home, but all the ones I find on the internet are low res...not the kind you can download and frame.

Return to “Discussions on Chris”