Watched Christopher's Movie Last Night

Here you can discuss anything relating to the movie Into The Wild
genecross

Watched Christopher's Movie Last Night

Postby genecross » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Watched Into The Wild last night and it was a very moving story. Actually I only saw about the last 45 minutes but still enjoyed seeing it. Some of my thoughts are that yes Chris lived his adventure. I don't think his intention was to die doing his adventure. He just didn't prepare enough for his adventure. He definitely should have taken a good compass and a good map with him. These two items alone could have saved his life. He should have taken a rifle with more power such as a .270 that would have killed most anything he shot at. From his journal he said he missed shots at some game. He should have ventured out with his rifle and done some target practice. This would have been of great value to him when he needed to kill game. It would have been beneficial to have taken a book on preparing and saving game. There are so many things he could have done differently but just didn't.

By the time he was close to death he knew he didn't want to die alone in the wilderness. But from what I gather from seeing the last half of the movie and his journal notes he wanted to try and leave for survival but he was just too weak and didn't know where he needed to go. All in all it is just so sad that such a fine young man perished when he could have survived. I don't think anyone wants to leave this life all alone.

I appreciate the person or persons that created this website so others can stop by and read all that others have posted.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama

cykebona

Re: Watched Christopher's Movie Last Night

Postby cykebona » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi All,

I watched the movie this afternoon.
I bought the Krakauer book 2 days ago but I wanted to read it after the movie.
I heared about Chris 8 days ago that was his birthday... I was driving my car and listening radio news. They talked about 12th of februarry... anniversaries... and his story toched me.
I think Chris can teach me and us...
Sory because of the weak english.

Wellcome from Hungary! (Zamárdi, Lake Balaton)

Royal Irish Ranger

Postby Royal Irish Ranger » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:02 pm

I watched the movie last night and was touched by it. If the character played was a true reflection of the real Chris McCandless he was one of life's good people, a real gentleman in every sense. Sad that his life was ended at such a young age when he had everything to live for and much to offer this world. RIP Chris McCandless. Faugh a Ballagh.

BrunaSerp

Postby BrunaSerp » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:49 am

Into the Wild is an emotional film that tells the story of a young man named Christopher McCandless, who decides to leave behind his comfortable life to explore the wild nature of Alaska. Along the way, he meets people who help him and others who harm him. The film is based on a true story and deals with issues of freedom, love, and the search for the meaning of life. The scenes in nature are magnificent and the soundtrack is captivating. Into the Wild is an inspiring film that makes the viewer reflect on their own choices and the importance of seeking genuine happiness.I loved the movie into the wild and decided to share my experience with you. For those who would like to watch and want more information follow the link explaining the whole story https://matchcam.net/posts/filme.

BrunaSerp

Postby BrunaSerp » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:48 am

"Into the Wild" é um livro escrito pelo jornalista americano Jon Krakauer que conta a história verídica do jovem Christopher McCandless, que aos 22 anos decidiu deixar a vida que levava para buscar a liberdade e conexão com a natureza. A obra também foi adaptada para o cinema, dirigida por Sean Penn em 2007, e conquistou o mundo com seu enredo emocionante e reflexivo.

Return to “Discussions on the Movie”