questions for you guys

Here you can discuss anything relating to the movie Into The Wild

questions for you guys

Postby 1098920 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 pm

1. Why do you think Chris wanted to live like a destitute? Or How did living like a destitute help him achieve his goal?
2. Was Chris running away from something or towards something?
3. Do problems grow smaller the farther away you are from them?
4. Why didn’t Chris settle down in Slab-City? Do you think he could/should have?
5. Now that you have seen the movie, what his your interpretation of this quote Chris mentions (in the water with Jan –the hippie)? // Or what do you think of this quote? How does it fit with Chris?
I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once. To find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions. Facing the blind death stone alone, with nothing to help you but your hands and your own head.
-Primo Levi

GoNorth

Re: questions for you guys

Postby GoNorth » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:16 am

1098920 wrote:3. Do problems grow smaller the farther away you are from them?

I think it depends on the kind of problem. If the problem is something outside of you, some kind of bad environment, like people treating you bad or something you're allergic to etc., it's generally wiser to get away from it. If the problem is inside of you, you have to face it and try to get closer to it - sometimes getting closer to yourself means getting away from others for a while.

1098920 wrote:4. Why didn’t Chris settle down in Slab-City? Do you think he could/should have?

If he left, it was for a reason. So no, I don't thiks he should have settled down there, at least not at that time.

For the other questions, I don't know. Regarding the quote in the movie, I'm not sure whether the real Chris said or wrote this at all.

Have you also read Krakauer's book? All in all, it's much closer to reality than the movie.

Deana.Poulsbo

Postby Deana.Poulsbo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:04 pm

I do not even know the way I ended up here, however I thought this post used to be great. I do not recognize who you're but certainly you're going to a famous phorumger for those who aren't already ;) Cheers! best wishes

Gleedaniel13

Postby Gleedaniel13 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:43 pm

1. Why do you think Chris wanted to live like a destitute? Or How did living like a destitute help him achieve his goal?
2. Was Chris running away from something or towards something?
3. Do problems grow smaller the farther away you are from them?

I think he wanted to live like destitute because on the first set on his mind his goal is to live like a destitute. It made him achieved his goal because of his passion and inspiration of doing it.
Web Design Integration

Return to “Discussions on the Movie”