why burning his money?

Here you can discuss anything relating to the movie Into The Wild
Bre

Re: why burning his money?

Postby Bre » Fri May 17, 2013 1:33 am

Chris burnt his money because he wanted to challenge himself at the begging of his journey,
if Chris kept all his money than he it would really easy for him to survive and it would't be a challenge for him. Also anther reason Chris burnt his money was that the money was attached with the relationship he had with his parents . Chis didn't want to do anything with his parent he wanted to end the relationship , and have no reason to think of is parents .

neotramp

Postby neotramp » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:29 pm

money represented everything Christopher was going against. Money represented the rat race that Chris was nearly subjected to and the burning of it was extremely symbolic. The cash was his last tie to his past life and he needed to destroy it in order to fully move on and live the life he had dream t of. he did make money later in his travels at the farm in South Dakota. perhaps at this time in his life he felt that money was necessary to make his travels easier. In my personal life i have noticed that an incredible amount of people are so focused on money money money that they dont take a step back and look at their life. At this moment in my life, at 17, I already know that when im on my deathbed i wont look back on my business ventures but my adventures. adventure is at the core of our spirits and money is just another thing thats preventing people from seeing this wide world.

neotramp

Postby neotramp » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:31 pm

money represented everything Christopher was going against. Money represented the rat race that Chris was nearly subjected to and the burning of it was extremely symbolic. The cash was his last tie to his past life and he needed to destroy it in order to fully move on and live the life he had dream t of. he did make money later in his travels at the farm in South Dakota. perhaps at this time in his life he felt that money was necessary to make his travels easier. In my personal life i have noticed that an incredible amount of people are so focused on money money money that they dont take a step back and look at their life. At this moment in my life, at 17, I already know that when im on my deathbed i wont look back on my business ventures but my adventures. adventure is at the core of our spirits and money is just another thing thats preventing people from seeing this wide world.

Elenochkafogueddy

why burning his money

Postby Elenochkafogueddy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:40 pm

This is why I do not have kids. Money and time, a family is a pit for both unless your an African American.
Дивергент глава 3 За стеной (2016) http://vk.cc/4T0qGq

Anst1991

Postby Anst1991 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:21 am

Yes Agree that cris burnt his money just because every boy wants to joy in the Colleges .i also waste my lot of money from my wallert but i am happy that i did this....These are the best days of a student life and thats why i am happy that i spent or wasted the lot of money In My journey as well..

But i dont have any other issue but if you have a lake of money then you should be carefull to waste your money !! :P :P :P

Return to “Discussions on the Movie”