SINCE ITW changes lives, what DID IT INSPIRE YOU TO DO?!

Here you can discuss anything relating to the movie Into The Wild
JesusIsLove777

SINCE ITW changes lives, what DID IT INSPIRE YOU TO DO?!

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Wed May 18, 2011 2:07 am

im 21 and saw it in early 2008, since then it obviously changed my outlook on life; i've never been so in love with a movie in my life.. it is monumentally important with great lessons. i am planning a backpacking trip soon so hopefully that pans out; and i eventually would LOVE to live life on the road, and in nature!

how about y'all? what do you all plan to do, or have you done in response to this gem of a movie??

Magic_Don

Re: SINCE ITW changes lives, what DID IT INSPIRE YOU TO DO?!

Postby Magic_Don » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:21 pm

I'm a somewhat late bloomer to the story. Only having seen it in early 2010, I immediately fell in love, obviously.

Having gone through what I have over the last 4-5 years, this movie came on at a perfect time. It really did help me to realize what a huge problem was in my life. Lack of nature, and the strains of not having the money society says I should.

So, since my first viewing, I've actually read the book (it's hard for me to sit still and read) I've simplified somethings. Not spending all my money on crap no one really needs. Hiked more, and have since traveled to some of the bigger national forests here in California.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

Footloose

Postby Footloose » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:39 am

It didn't inspire me to 'do' anything that I hadn't already done, however, it did ultimately contribute to my overall philosophy on life. I am 18 and have lived the last 2 years of my life as a leather tramp hitching around Australia. Living a nomadic lifestyle has always exited me and I can think of no worse fate than having a secure future... I want to strongly encourage you to undertake this life, for each day a new and different sun. You will not regret it! Find yourself and escape this soul-draining, conformist society and there is no place like the road to find like-minded people. You will find that as you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness... Do not try escape the inevitable any longer, just do it man. Who cares what 'the suits' think :)
If atoms and particles behave in probabilistic ways, and our mind is made of atoms and particles, then how can free will exist?

Declanpward

Postby Declanpward » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Chris Mccandless was an inspirational person who has changed my view on many aspects of life. He helped me to notice more about the simple things in my life, the things that everyone everywhere takes for granted each day. Knowing that he took the time to study and prepare for that journey all by himself and had the motivation to go out and follow his dreams and attempt to live in the wild is fascinating. His story is marvelous and many people should do the same and learn from his mistakes. He was an example of what to do, and what not to do.

Return to “Discussions on the Movie”