We should TRAVEL TOGETHER!!

Here you can discuss anything relating to the movie Into The Wild
solovoyager

Re: We should TRAVEL TOGETHER!!

Postby solovoyager » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:03 pm

Magic_Don wrote:Although my plans may change, as they inevitably do, currently I'm looking at Pine-cone Burke / Vancouver area.

I'm trying to get just over 2 weeks off (saved up my vacation time) and I'm planning on a trip up and down the West Coast.

I live right around Los Angeles. So I'm actually gonna try to hit up some places I've always wanted to go, and maybe try to visit a few places Chris went, since his story has been the enlightenment I've needed!

I actually live abut 2 1/2 hours west from Salton City, and The Slabs, but have not made the trek yet. I'm thinking of adding those on, possibly.

I think, since most of my 20's were taken up with a relationship that turned toxic towards the end, I needed something. I was very near my breaking point numerous times when I found the movie, and looked more into the story. Then realized what I was missing.

In my mind, I want to do what Chris did. But, I also have that lingering thought of "what if I get tired of it, what have I to come back to, or, live on with?" it's strange. Baby steps as they say. For now, hiking, camping, and road trips.

The Vancouver area and going up the Pacific coast sounds like a nice trip Magic Don. Bring some good music for your trip. And have a great time. Good luck. Let us know how it all goes. 8-)

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Good music is a must! Haha. I have to make a separate Into the Wild playlist, which shall have some live versions Eddie's been doing of the songs on tour. There will be many pictures as well.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

Footloose

Postby Footloose » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:29 am

Hey man, I am 18 and have lived the last 2 years of my life as a leather tramp hitching around Australia. Living a nomadic lifestyle has always exited me and I can think of no worse fate than having a secure future... I want to strongly encourage you to undertake this life, for each day a new and different sun. You will not regret it! Find yourself and escape this soul-draining, conformist society and there is no place like the road to find like-minded people. You will find that as you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness... Do not try escape the inevitable any longer, just do it man, life is too short. Who cares what 'the suits' think... I think that you will find it much more satisfying to do it on your own. Besides, you meet so many awesome people on the road :)
If atoms and particles behave in probabilistic ways, and our mind is made of atoms and particles, then how can free will exist?

georgian supertramp

Postby georgian supertramp » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:48 pm

I really want to go to Alaska and see the magik bus :roll:

kingdomdayz777

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:20 am

georgian supertramp wrote:I really want to go to Alaska and see the magik bus :roll:

right on same here! haha are you in school? anyone in school?

wildtrees

Postby wildtrees » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:43 pm

footloose it sounds like your living the life i wish i was. maybe someday soon i will be

Return to “Discussions on the Movie”