We should TRAVEL TOGETHER!!

Here you can discuss anything relating to the movie Into The Wild
naturelover24

We should TRAVEL TOGETHER!!

Postby naturelover24 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:31 am

This forum is about Chris and what he did. most of us havent done what he did. lifes too short, and its time to see the WORLD! im in my 20s, lemme know on here if your up for traveling, maybe we all can find a way to meet!

Damiano

Re: We should TRAVEL TOGETHER!!

Postby Damiano » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:56 am

naturelover24 wrote:This forum is about Chris and what he did. most of us havent done what he did. lifes too short, and its time to see the WORLD! im in my 20s, lemme know on here if your up for traveling, maybe we all can find a way to meet!

I agree. I'm in my 20s also and I think that if I will wait more I will lose my chance to do what Chris have done. So for now I decided that I will take my backpack and go in November this year.
“Reality can destroy the dream. Why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?” George Moore

naturelover24

Postby naturelover24 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:53 pm

for sure MAN that is the way to GO!! are you in the United states??

Damiano

Postby Damiano » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:41 am

naturelover24 wrote:for sure MAN that is the way to GO!! are you in the United states??

No, I'm in Europe.
For the first time I will go across the Europe - mostly south . Maybe some day I will reach US :)
“Reality can destroy the dream. Why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?” George Moore

naturelover24

Postby naturelover24 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:48 am

anyone else going anywhere anytime soon?

likeohnoscoob

Postby likeohnoscoob » Wed May 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Going east from Cali

Damiano

Postby Damiano » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:32 pm

My plans are changed :)
In November I'm going to South America. I think that I will go from south to north (Chile, Argentina, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Caribbean Islands). I'm very excited :D

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Call me an older fool.. but, I have been wanting to do what Chris did for over a year now.

I first saw the movie at work, oddly enough. Since then I've started hiking more, just getting out of the concrete, and noise pollution. While I'm not in the most athletic shape, it inspires me, everytime.

So much so that an old friend of mine, and his family, went along for a day trip to the nearby forest a few months back, and they were awestruck. Saying that they wish they could live somewhere like that.

I'm even in the midst of planning a 2 week vacation leading up to camping out in Canada (I'm from the Los Angeles, CA area) so I can get a small taste of adventure and all that goodness.

Am I just crazy?
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

solovoyager

Postby solovoyager » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:41 am

Magic_Don wrote:Call me an older fool.. but, I have been wanting to do what Chris did for over a year now.

I'm even in the midst of planning a 2 week vacation leading up to camping out in Canada (I'm from the Los Angeles, CA area) so I can get a small taste of adventure and all that goodness.

Am I just crazy?

No you're not crazy although a little crazy can be good. :D
Almost sounds like you are having a spiritual breakthrough - things may be mentally cracking open for you after a life spent living one way. Might be some growing pains ahead for you but don't give up or give in. (Let Chris serve as inspiration? And I bet all who come here to read or post messages will be behind you all the way.)

I don't know where you are planning on going to in Canada Magic Don but I loved the Canadian Rockies. Travelled there in 1994. Hiked, lingered in and soaked up the beautiful scenery, the calm and peace I felt there - it was beautiful! I stayed in hostels (you need not be young to do it) - and I really liked that experience even though I am not Mr. Outgoing or Social. The hostels in Banff, Lake Louise, etc where really nice. The one in Calgary was pretty decent too. I flew into Calgary from the east coast of the U.S. I did not do it alone though. I met up with a very small tour group to go with that had younger people from all over the world - India, England, Australia, Switzerland, Germany, etc. and we travelled by van, and I made some good friends. I remember there was one very quiet guy from France we'd run into from time to time in various hostels who was bicycling by himself through the Rockies. I admired his comfort in being alone while being amongst people.

Good luck on your adventure Magic Don. ;)
Last edited by solovoyager on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:42 am

Although my plans may change, as they inevitably do, currently I'm looking at Pine-cone Burke / Vancouver area.

I'm trying to get just over 2 weeks off (saved up my vacation time) and I'm planning on a trip up and down the West Coast.

I live right around Los Angeles. So I'm actually gonna try to hit up some places I've always wanted to go, and maybe try to visit a few places Chris went, since his story has been the enlightenment I've needed!

I actually live abut 2 1/2 hours west from Salton City, and The Slabs, but have not made the trek yet. I'm thinking of adding those on, possibly.

I think, since most of my 20's were taken up with a relationship that turned toxic towards the end, I needed something. I was very near my breaking point numerous times when I found the movie, and looked more into the story. Then realized what I was missing.

In my mind, I want to do what Chris did. But, I also have that lingering thought of "what if I get tired of it, what have I to come back to, or, live on with?" it's strange. Baby steps as they say. For now, hiking, camping, and road trips.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

Return to “Discussions on the Movie”