What Happened when 1st saw it??

Here you can discuss anything relating to the movie Into The Wild
PasoPedro

Re: What Happened when 1st saw it??

Postby PasoPedro » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:29 am

Juniper, I totally feel what you are feeling. At this very moment I'm listening to Long Nights. When I think of those last scenes and when they flashed up Chris's picture, it tore a huge hole in me. I can't even talk about the film or the soundtrack without welling up. Its given me the inspiration to pick up my guitar. I've vowed to learn all the songs on the soundtrack. I hope to one day to visit that wonderful Magic Bugs with my son and brother and play our hearts out all in Chris's honor and for all of us 'lost souls' that can't be ruled over by anyone but Mother Nature and God!! Hope you all are there with us when it happens. Tomorrow I go in to be tested for cancer. My brother is a cancer surviver. It would be a great journey for us. We'd love to share in it with you. God Bless You All!!
"Our destinies are the culmination of all the choices we've made along the way, which is why it's imperative to listen hard to your inner voice when it speaks up. Don't let anyone else's noise drown it out." -Megan McCaffarty

Morgan

Postby Morgan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:04 pm

I watched it last week for the first time. I thought it was going to be quite a boring film - I don't tend to like 'adventure films'. I did not know at the start of watching it, that Chris died, I didn't even know it was a true story. So I was absolutely devastated when he died - I honestly thought he was going to be rescued at the last minute. I cannot believe how much I was blown away by the movie. I've not been this affected by a film for the past twenty years - the last one to have such an effect was 'Dead Poets Society' - similar-ish themes of seizing the day, taking risks and living your truest best life. I ended up watching the film twice more that week. I was totally captivated by Chris's story, the scenery, the music - everything about the film is incredibly moving, perceptive, and life-changing. I started researching and reading about Chris's life as soon as I'd watched it the first time, and am still doing so; I want to read the book and see the documentary as well. I'm so glad to find other people who have been similarly affected - I thought I was a bit weird, to be honest, to be so besotted with this story. I found myself thinking of Chris and scenes from the movie, a lot, and felt almost as if I were living 'inside' the story.. I felt a lot of identification with Chris, as someone from a dysfunctional family background, and who also had done, on a much smaller scale, a 'journey of self discovery' a few years ago when I walked the Camino in Spain for three weeks - something my parents tried hard to stop me doing. I feel this movie helped me re-connect to the wild untamed spirit in me, something that is a little buried underneath parenting and 'life duties' in general, and has inspired me to plan another trip like the Camino in the future. I also found a renewed appreciation for life - I often feel very grateful to simply be breathing, and feel sad that Chris is not able to enjoy life on this earth anymore when he was so full of life.

Michaelbita

What Happened when 1st saw it

Postby Michaelbita » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:44 pm

thats funny - but kinda sweet too. If Im not mistken, most of the laughter in this video was from men.

Now I know what Wert is thinking in those long silences when he tells me he is thinking

neotramp

Postby neotramp » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:44 pm

after i saw this movie nothing was the same. im a 17 year old Ameriacan hooked on anthony bourdain, thoreau, and far off places. i have always wondered if there was anyone who would do this, not because it is a last resort, but because the smell of adventure is too enticing. this movie opened my eyes to the fact that society is a prison but there is still an exit. i am currently on the same track as Chris and just like him, i have no interest in a career. i simply cannot see myself doing the same job year after year. i need to see as much as i can in my life... a career would limit me! as i said i am 17 years old but when i look back on my years i cannot remember a single experience worth telling about. i need stories, i need desire, i need experience, i need to feel the wind on my face and truly live!

Anst1991

Postby Anst1991 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:02 am

I felt a lot of wrenchness..I fear a lot as well and near to cry hahah :D :D :oops: :oops: .. I downloaded it a month before but i watch it last week and what i say ??Its Not an intersting for me but in just one word i want to say good movie LOL...

bubble gum

Postby bubble gum » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:27 am

When I first saw it, I couldn’t believe it was based on a true story! I shared all of his emotions while watching it. He often touched me deeply and at the end I was devastated that his realization that happiness is only real when shared with others came to late for him. <3

6ix9ine

Postby 6ix9ine » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:28 am

When I first saw the movie I really felt impressed of the brave which Chris had. In some points he was right but in some points he was wrong and picked the wrong dicisions.But in the end it teached me an important thing, Happiness is only happiness if you share it so my Family and my friends got a bit more important since I watched the movie. :q :p D:

Return to “Discussions on the Movie”