What Happened when 1st saw it??

Here you can discuss anything relating to the movie Into The Wild
vergeetmenietje

Re: What Happened when 1st saw it??

Postby vergeetmenietje » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:58 pm

The first time I saw part of the movie, was in school, during class once. I remember being really fascinated with it (all the other kids referred to it as boring) . The first thing I did when I got home, was check on amazon to get it. I couldn't wait to see the whole thing.
When I saw the movie at home, there was this dead silence afterwards. Everyone was just too moved to say anything. I think I only got the full impact of the story after I saw the movie. The book was great, but seeing the image of Chris dying, just leaves such a hard impression... I only realized then how tragic it all was. I know it sounds stupid, but that's really how it was. Seeing it with my parents also gave me an idea about how hard it must have been, and still is, for Chris's parents.

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:01 pm

hi i totally know what you mean! reading the book was great but kinda kept the story at a distance for me, but seeing the movie really brought it home, the death scene is so powerful, so charged and emotional, its the kinda thing that haunts you!

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:45 pm

thats so GREAT jlawson! hopefully that movie changed them in a way where they wont feel the need to pursue a selfish, greedy, materialistic, routine, career lifestyle!!

forget MONEY, POSSESSIONS, CARS, HOUSES, it is all about God, PEOPLE, and your SPIRITS PASSIONS! :)

kingdomdayz777

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:21 am

dude!! this movie is like a magnet!!! SNATCHING UP the lost and bringing them to true LIFE!!! YEAH MAN!!! Destiny living lets get it!!!

this movie changed my life a lot. my life doesn't revolve around Chris, the movie, or his life as it did when i first saw it when i was 18, but this movie to this day, as a 22 year old, still cuts deep into my soul and ignites that fire in my Spirit. great stuff from God :)

aurora97

Postby aurora97 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:30 pm

I have watched the movie yesterday and still am thinking about it. I think the movie is excellent and wonderful.
It has been a while since I was moved by a movie and this is one of those precious moments. Emile did fantastic job in portraying Chris.
I adore this movie.

kingdomdayz777

Postby kingdomdayz777 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:48 pm

you came tot he right place brother!! enjoy your time exploring topics on Chris, his life, traveling, etc. !! :D :D Peace and One LOve :)

also hit up into the wild and "back to the wild" you'll enjoy them :)

anuriqs

Postby anuriqs » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:05 am

when I first watch this movie, my mind stopped working for sometime, lots of feeling at a time, quite inspired, excitement, big thoughts, best feeling.
I saw that movie many times, I still like it, even I will watch that today again.
This is one of the major reason I left my job from big organization just in 3 weeks after joining and I feel good.

I really feel that nothing is more important to live life according to your thoughts, with true freedom, and when you feel true freedom you got to know what you actually are, why do you exist, whats your passion.

In all, i love that movie, whenever I distracted from my path I watch that movie. Loved it.. :D

lee-shannon

Postby lee-shannon » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:54 am

overwhelmed with emotion and a strong sense of adventure, i have travelled parts of asia and australia and it didnt quite match what i felt when i saw this movie

Nitzan

Postby Nitzan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:08 pm

I was 15 and our community centre had this project in which we were thought poetry, philosophy and things like that when they showed us this movie.
It was just what I needed,
My parents were and still are caught in a pretty nasty divorce process and somehow I felt like this movie and that person has it all fighered out. And even though I was hearing this story a decade later and half world round, It was right here and so close to me I could practically see it happening.
well,WHO'S HOME IS THE ROAD ha?
I suppose I'll find out one day, as soon as I'm done with my obligations to the army.

Juniper

Postby Juniper » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:40 am

I cried and found myself crying off and on for the rest of the week. I can still tear up, if I think about certain scenes.

Why is this? I kept asking myself. I have seen plenty of movies where people die and I have known men in real life Chris' age who have died and not been so affected. Is it because Emile H. portrays Chris as such a charming, lovable person? But the book had the same effect with no charming Emile. I think the pathos of climbing into your sleeping bag for the very last time and starving to death all alone is part of it. Did he know, when he climbed into that blue bag, that it would be the last time? How lonely were those last days when he knew he was dying? Whatever the theory concerning the potato seeds, he himself thought they were harming him, as he recorded in his diary (fault of pot seeds).

I dunno. I am getting choked up even as I type this.

Return to “Discussions on the Movie”